What is the best ACAAN?

Discussion in 'Magic Forum' started by Jairemn, May 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. My all time favorite is Hands off by Patrick Redford. It's fairly easy to do and really gets close to the Berglas effect in my opinion.

2. I perform this routine often; it does take practice but its impromptu and packs a punch. There are three phases and each one is a little better than the prior one.

You need to spread the deck face up after the card is named, so to some that would be a drawback. I personally don't think this takes away from the reactions. Plus, if you perform a lot in one night (i.e., walk around) then you can do this with your regular deck.

I give it a very high recommendation because it is something I use all the time.

Chris

3. Berglas effect lol

4. That is the problem I am having with the routine I am practicing. I have to spread the cards face up as I have the spectator name their card. I always practice on my wife because her feedback is brutally honest. When I started the routine she yelled "YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE CARDS!" I never even got to do the effect because, in her view, as soon as someone knows I am looking at the cards then the trick is ruined, no matter how good the ultimate effect would be. So, any advice for how to cover this move, some reason I should be looking at them at the start? She said my line about making sure we had a full deck was B.S. Frustrating to say the least.