What is the Mnemonica Stack's Purpose?

Nov 17, 2017
Hello! Just today I've been working on memorizing the mnemonica stack, and in the past couple of hours, I've memorized the first 30 cards of the stack, though it became really tedious. This caused me to question, "What is the purpose of the mnemonica stack?"

I really don't know the answer. Is it only intended for tricks such as, "think of a card... okay, your card, the jack of hearts, is 20 cards down," or are there other uses? Are there any available resources I can use to provide examples? I certainly can't afford the Mnemonica Miracles book at the moment, so I was wondering if anybody could help answer my question. Thanks a lot! :D

Feb 1, 2017
There is a lot of material on things you can do with a stack. None of which can be revealed on a public forum.

I urge you to think of some effects yourself though. You have a whole deck memorized. There are a million things you could do. Get creative. Use your imagination.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
The book Mnemonica was written by Stephen Minch and published through his company Hermetic Press. In 2016, Hermetic Press was acquired by Penguin Magic. Stephen Minch is approaching 70 years old and wanted someone to "take over the business end of the business." Stephen is still writing amazing books but Penguin is doing the publishing. I strongly suspect that Penguin will soon republish Mnemonica as it is one of the best selling books in magic and the work of a master. Save up to buy the book when it is republished.

Other great books using the Mnemonica stack are Pit Hartling's In Order to Amaze and Memorandum by Woody Aragon (who is a student of Tamariz).

One final note, when you learn the stack, make sure you learn the order and the number.

Reactions: kleigh
Nov 17, 2017
The book Mnemonica was written by Stephen Minch and published through his company Hermetic Press. In 2016, Hermetic Press was acquired by Penguin Magic. Stephen Minch is approaching 70 years old and wanted someone to "take over the business end of the business." Stephen is still writing amazing books but Penguin is doing the publishing. I strongly suspect that Penguin will soon republish Mnemonica as it is one of the best selling books in magic and the work of a master. Save up to buy the book when it is republished.

Other great books using the Mnemonica stack are Pit Hartling's In Order to Amaze and Memorandum by Woody Aragon (who is a student of Tamariz).

One final note, when you learn the stack, make sure you learn the order and the number.
Alright, thanks a lot! I spent hours last night memorizing it, and this morning at Church I was able to perform some false cuts followed by a "name a card... okay, I'll deal out cards until I feel your card." Anyways, thanks again!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results