What is the name of this move?

Oct 6, 2010
Okay, I'm sure a couple of you have seen this done before, this is similar to something like Scarne's aces or any four-ace-tricks.

Four aces are taken from the deck. They are placed at RANDOM half out jogged in different parts of the deck. So if one was to fan the deck out, it would look something like this: http://www.cardcheaters.com/images/products/scarne-john.jpg

The aces are supposedly pushed in squared up in the deck and the deck is hindu shuffled, and in that action, the four aces are controlled to the top. No stripper deck used, done with a regular deck.

I've been looking through several sites looking for a reference but without luck.

Jun 10, 2010
As RealityOne said, it's the Vernon Multiple Shift. Best resource (and only resource) I've learned it from is Card Control by Arthur Buckley. It's a dover reprint and is available at most magic stores and sites for around $10 at the most.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
The face up handling seems a little odd, but this is just me -- although it works beautifully in Vernon's The Travelers. There are other shifts out there which work just as well. Card College Volume 3 describes Vernon's and several others (such as the Elias Multiple Shift which I'm working on now) that I think are better. Also, Card Control also has a couple of different shifts.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
The face up handling seems a little odd, but this is just me -- although it works beautifully in Vernon's The Travelers. There are other shifts out there which work just as well. Card College Volume 3 describes Vernon's and several others (such as the Elias Multiple Shift which I'm working on now) that I think are better. Also, Card Control also has a couple of different shifts.

I second the elias multiple shift.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results