What is this card trick called?

Oct 22, 2011
David Blaine performed a trick ( he has only performed it once and it was around last year ) where he hands the deck to the spectator and asks them to name any card, he then tells them to cut the deck and turn over the card they cut to, it is their thought of card. Someone said this trick was by Juan Tamariz but I dont know, so if someone could give me the name of the trick and also where I can buy it/learn it/find it. I would really appreciate it :)

Nov 8, 2007
If you're talking about this video, the effect is "Mnemonicosis" by Juan Tamariz (from his book Mnemonica) with a perfect hit. Good effect. You'll get a perfect hit more often than you'd think. Even if you don't hit it perfect, though, the spectator will never know as you get to the card they named in a way that feels as if that's the way you originally intended. It's pretty much jazzing with a m********d deck with some planned possible notes to play along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 22, 2011
If you're talking about this video, the effect is "Mnemonicosis" by Juan Tamariz (from his book Mnemonica) with a perfect hit. Good effect. You'll get a perfect hit more often than you'd think. Even if you don't hit it perfect, though, the spectator will never know as you get to the card they named in a way that feels as if that's the way you originally intended. It's pretty much jazzing with a m********d deck with some planned possible notes to play along the way.

That was exactly the trick I was looking for thanks for your help sir!

Nov 8, 2007
I think I've heard it called Prime Cut.
Different effect and method, but similar in plot. Prime Cut was put out by Paul Vigil. Spectator names any card, magician holds the deck, spectator cuts to their card. I use this regularly. Good effect.

That was exactly the trick I was looking for thanks for your help sir!
Welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results