What would you like to see... A test on creativity

May 10, 2009
So, what would you like to see? Don't think about the method or sleight of hand required, make it impossible. Just be creative and describe only the effect. Just keep posting your ideas and maybe we can even share methods. =)
I would love to hear your ideas.

I came up with one,
Make a selected sign card appear in specators pocket.

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
I came up with one,
Make a selected sign card appear in specators pocket.

You know that's not impossible; it's actually not too hard. Just palm it and load it in a jacket pocket or something as you shake their hand.

And if we're going for impossible, how about transforming a borrowed object into a named object. If we could really do magic, that would be something I would do.

Apr 1, 2009
California
I'm really iffy about discussing this. Because, believe it or not, the method is typically easier than the idea for me. Once I have an idea of what I want to happen, I can somehow make it happen. But trying to find that one thing that is truly special and unique is the hard part of magic.

Oct 8, 2011
Baltimore
UH....................why?!

this seeems to be eeriely similar to a previous thread about ideas for magic.

personally, why should i share my ideas and possibly my methods whith evrybody when i can be creative and take the time to work things out

I dont need anybody stealing my ideas or methods

If this isnt what you meant then please clarify

Feb 7, 2011
I agree with jewish illusion. This kind of idea fishing wasn't met with approval in the previous thread. It's a clear sign that you are desperate to be an effect creator but haven't matured enough as a magician to accomplish that yet. Here's my idea - go out and perform. Your own ideas and methods will come with time. I look forward to them.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
If people want to share ideas let them. If you don't want to share your ideas then don't contribute to this thread. It's not rocket science.

Feb 7, 2011
Derren brown has a very simple impromptu haunted deck, not loops or gimmicks, but it's not completely hands free, the deck sits on one hand.

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
You know that's not impossible; it's actually not too hard. Just palm it and load it in a jacket pocket or something as you shake their hand.

If anyone's interested in learning this he should check out James Coat's Mastering the Art of Pickpocketing, or just learn some basic showmanship pickpocketing methods from any other source, there are some great loading techniques that even allow you to insert the card or any other object in the front pocket of the spectator's jeans!

Other than that, I don't like the idea of this thread just like I didn't like the last one that was practically the same.

Jul 13, 2009
A magician, performing as a wizard of blood or alchemist, begins to mix an elixir within a Chrystal clear cauldron. He slowly begins to fill the cauldron with strange ingredients which turns the liquid green. He dips his empty hand into the liquid, while muttering an enchantment, and the green seems to be sucked in toward his hand. The green completely vanishes and the wizard is left with a large emerald in his hand. Next, he slices his palm and lets the blood drip into the elixir turning it bright crimson. A strong glow runs through the cauldron of crimson fluid, and the image of a large object slowly manifests within it. The shadowed figure slowly begins to crest the surface of the cauldron. The blood tinted elixir clings to the figures's body as it grows larger, to the size of a human. With a snap of his hands the red coating falls away and back into cauldron. What is revealed is a beautiful young lady, dressed in a white, flowing dress. Not a speck of the red liquid on her garb. She seems to either be levitating or has the unique ability to stand on water. The alchemist explains to the audience that what they see is only a shell of human, the soul had not entered. This entire display was a mere show of power. The magician takes a dagger, blesses it, then slices the apparition's body. Blood and liquid begins to bleed out as the woman seems to transform back into liquid which falls back into the cauldron.

Jun 1, 2009
A magician, performing as a wizard of blood or alchemist, begins to mix an elixir within a Chrystal clear cauldron. He slowly begins to fill the cauldron with strange ingredients which turns the liquid green. He dips his empty hand into the liquid, while muttering an enchantment, and the green seems to be sucked in toward his hand. The green completely vanishes and the wizard is left with a large emerald in his hand. Next, he slices his palm and lets the blood drip into the elixir turning it bright crimson. A strong glow runs through the cauldron of crimson fluid, and the image of a large object slowly manifests within it. The shadowed figure slowly begins to crest the surface of the cauldron. The blood tinted elixir clings to the figures's body as it grows larger, to the size of a human. With a snap of his hands the red coating falls away and back into cauldron. What is revealed is a beautiful young lady, dressed in a white, flowing dress. Not a speck of the red liquid on her garb. She seems to either be levitating or has the unique ability to stand on water. The alchemist explains to the audience that what they see is only a shell of human, the soul had not entered. This entire display was a mere show of power. The magician takes a dagger, blesses it, then slices the apparition's body. Blood and liquid begins to bleed out as the woman seems to transform back into liquid which falls back into the cauldron.

...woah...

Feb 7, 2011

That would require alchemy level 100.

May 10, 2009
Well, for those who said 'making a sign card appear in spectators pocket' was impossible, i found one dvd by Apollo Robins and Shoot Ogawa in their Cultural Exchange dvd. I just found this out afew hours ago....

Im not fishing for ideas. I was just hoping to spark new ideas. Something that one will say its impossible, and maybe others see a method instantly. If you think you already have a method, then there's no point posting a reply. Speaking about stealing ideas, it should be in all magician's morale that we seek permission and credit those who have contributed to any piece of work. If you want to market your ideas, you can always go to The Wire. Obviously don't post it here.

Also guys, check out 365daysofmagic by calen morelli. (you should have already heard about it by now...)

@DecisiveAmbivalence, that would be so cool

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results