What would you perform?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'm going to post an interesting topic and I'm curious to see what my "worker" friends out there would perform in this given scenario.

This past Friday night I was out to eat/drinks with my girl friend and this just happened to be a time when I chose to NOT bring a deck of cards, rubber bands, coins, with me as this sometimes becomes "old" for my girlfriend or close friends to want to hang out with me and actually enjoy each other's company, but then I end up performing and drawing a crowd in said bar/location, thus ruining the original plans to just hang out. Ha. We've all been there I know.

So, that being said. The bar tender decided to "tell" everyone at the bar how great I was and could I perform and I simply said I didn't bring anything that evening because I hadn't planned on doing any magic.

If you were in my shoes what are you "go to" effects using borrowed objects from spectators or items at a bar/restaurant?

Yes I am aware of Gregory Wilson's "On the Spot" DVD set, but want to hear what some of you use or enjoy in these impromptu settings.

And Go.....

After my stage show, I plan to work on a show based around this very same thing. I'll share with you what I have planned for the time being:
  • No Pressure (impromptu handling)
  • Misleading Mislead
  • Impossibill
  • Lie To Me
  • Tequila Hustler Deluxe
  • Hack X ID7 combo (with some modifications to each performance)
  • Astronomical
  • Starcle
All these effects are on the spot, 100% impromptu with zero setup.

Reactions: RickEverhart

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I'm going to post an interesting topic and I'm curious to see what my "worker" friends out there would perform in this given scenario.

This past Friday night I was out to eat/drinks with my girl friend and this just happened to be a time when I chose to NOT bring a deck of cards, rubber bands, coins, with me as this sometimes becomes "old" for my girlfriend or close friends to want to hang out with me and actually enjoy each other's company, but then I end up performing and drawing a crowd in said bar/location, thus ruining the original plans to just hang out. Ha. We've all been there I know.

So, that being said. The bar tender decided to "tell" everyone at the bar how great I was and could I perform and I simply said I didn't bring anything that evening because I hadn't planned on doing any magic.

If you were in my shoes what are you "go to" effects using borrowed objects from spectators or items at a bar/restaurant?

Yes I am aware of Gregory Wilson's "On the Spot" DVD set, but want to hear what some of you use or enjoy in these impromptu settings.

And Go.....

I have 2 sets of Anagrams that I use all the time. One for super heroes and the other for Disney movies. This is my go to on the spot magic.

Actually, a few weeks ago I was driving and was pulled over (I was driving 12 over the speed limit). I pulled out my wallet, it had a playing card in one of the slots. The officer asked what it was for. I answered and he asked to see a trick. I had cards and things with me but I had him think of a super hero instead. I named the one he was thinking about and he was blown away. He let me off without even a warning!

The other things that I would do might my PK touch routine, depending on the mood. I also have been working on a version of PK time if I have a watch on as well as a coin on shoulder routine that can be performed with most small objects.

Then there are old classics like the Shinkoh arm twist or the four finger lift. All of this is basically prop-less and pretty effective.

Reactions: RickEverhart

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
My default for impromptu performances is a mixture of suggestion and hypnosis. I can do that any time, anywhere, with anyone.

There's a very large amount of material I could do if I so desired - it really depends on how much I want to do, or whether I feel like locating various types of props (Pen, paper, post-it pad, etc).

I think, in these cases, it can be very beneficial to think not in terms of tricks or routines, but in terms of systems that can be employed to create on the fly.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results