What's sitting at the bottom of your magic drawer?

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Oh man...Re-explore the Advocate. The thing works miracles. PM me with any specific questions if you need. I also have a modification that makes it a little easier to count.

100% agreed. The advocate changes the game when you have one on you. Invisible deck w/ a normal deck? Instant access to any card you want? Good stuff. I couldn't recommend it more.

L

Nov 27, 2009
I've got a Fantasma Magic Svengali deck somewhere along with a couple of old magic kits. I think I gave away my stripper deck because I didn't have any ideas that absolutely required the principle behind the stripper deck. (There are 2 tricks that I have to use a "trick deck" for, and the only one I do on a regular basis is the Invisible Deck. The other effect that would use a trick deck can be duplicated to a certain extend with a Hindu Shuffle.) I also have a neglected Ultra Gaff deck.

It amazes me how much I actually learned from those magic kits. When it comes down to it, I learned the basic principles of magic from Royal Road, Mark Wilson's book, and a few magic kits. I also got Ammar's coin magic video on VHS from our local library and learned a lot of the basic palms and vanishes from there. Now that I'm reading Bobo's Coin Magic I realize just how dumb I was to neglect the knowledge I gained from Ammar's coin magic video. I should have practiced more early on, but I was "dumber" then. Now that I am smarter than I once was, I realize how useful the basic principles I learned were.

Now I'm kinda off topic, oh well.

Apr 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
Jay Sankey's Hardcore. It's not a bad DVD, but only maybe 1 or 2 of the effects are practical for me, and I don't find myself every doing them.

Jul 16, 2011
-Crush by eric ross
-The Gecko
-"UP" Levitation by Michael Boden and Troy Hoosier
-Pandora System by Shane Black

Mostly because I find these effects impractical. Up Levitation is by far the worst waste of money I've ever spent.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
Aaron Fisher's PANIC

I too haven't looked at this in a while. And I have not idea why. It kills. I used to be so nervous about doing it but I remember performing it for a friend who used to work for Copperfield, so Chris Kenner would perform for him. So he had some knowledge about magic. But I did PANIC for him and he just starting laughing. I really need to get that back out!

David Stones "Window" my tarantula, and some stray sharpies (lol)
i dont mind the tarantula, i just never really get time to use it. im sure there are some other things at the bottom of my drawer, but i dont wanna crawl down there

Jun 1, 2009
I used to have Panic in the bottom, but once I busted it out again for my restaurant work, it makes a KILLER closer. They just can't comprehend what just happened. Definitely worth using again.

Jan 20, 2009
California
For me its an original set of jerry andrus linking pins, one day i will pull them out and use
them......well i have been saying that for the past 15yr.

Nov 19, 2010
I might get a few people mad but Eric Ross and B Smith's Rizer. I've messed with it once or twice and that was it.

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
100% agreed. The advocate changes the game when you have one on you. Invisible deck w/ a normal deck? Instant access to any card you want? Good stuff. I couldn't recommend it more.

L

Good lord this. Lyle speaks the truth.

On topic:
Photosynthesis by Andrew Mayne
The Gecko (gave it away)
Pandora's Box - Sankey

The Advocate is absolutely brilliant. Anything DM does is very good.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results