What's the name of this trick?

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
My sister and her fiancee were approached by a magician a couple of weeks ago - he didn't say anything, he just looked them in the eye and started performing a few flourishes and XCM.
Then he spread the cards for my sister to choose one, and she did, and she signed it. He did the same to her fiancee, who also signed his card.
I'm not sure if the cards were forced or not, but my sister thinks she remembers that it was a genuine spread, and was her free choice.
Then (I think) he shuffled the two cards back into the deck. Something happened, and he produced one card - the card that my sister had signed. But then he turned it over, and where the back of the card should be was the card that her fiancee had signed. They'd come together as one card.
She kept the card too, and there doesn't seem to be anything particularly strange about it.

Does anyone have any idea which trick this could be?

Thanks,

~The Emogician~

Aug 31, 2007
UK
Could be Roy Walton's Autograph Hunters, that effect is similar to the one you just described.

Sep 11, 2007
Anniversary Waltz by Doc Eason (Garrett Thomas has a version under the same title)
Anniversary Salsa by Shoot Ogawa
Ultimate Fusion by Darwin Ortiz
True Love by Oz Pearlman
Stardust Transpo / Cosmic Fusion by Kostya Kimlat (incredible!!!)

I have been performing this routine for almost 10 years. Highly recommend you begin with Doc Eason's version since he originated the concept (I believe). Also, it's the most convincing. If you prefer an abbreviated version, try Anniversary Salsa or True Love.

I hope this helps....

conjurer77 is right ... this trick is Anniversary Waltz by Doc Eason ( atleast this was the original ) all others r variation of this routine by Doc.

And it's on Doc Eason's Bar Magic: The Real Work Vol. 3.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I've heard numerous stories of magicians performing Anniversary Waltz at weddings and anniversary parties, and actually getting tears from the women in the audience... that would sure be a neat thing to witness.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results