What's the name of this trick?

Jun 19, 2014
Heres the link:

What's the name of the trick where he flips the cup over with liquid in it, not the Healed and Sealed part... its not mojoe because I own that and you cannot have that much liquid in the cup and perform the vanish successfully ... any ideas for where I can find this?

Jan 28, 2015
Hey TotalAstonishmentsCMC,

There are several methods on how that particular effect you mentioned can be accomplished, so there probably isn't a name for it per se.

Justin Willman's performance of it may be original, but the effect is not.

|| Steven

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Yeah, I'm not sure if this has a name per-se it is an old staple. Lately Rich Ferguson taught it in his Murphy's lecture and has added a couple small gags. Of course I recommend his lecture but the easiest and cheapest way to learn this would be to stop by a magic club or shop and ask some one. Without exposing it here on the forums that's probably all I can say.

Colin

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2013
Little shocking that the guy at your local shop wouldn't know. I'm sure if you described the effect to the online help at one of the magic dealers they could hook you up with the right stuff. I know that the place named after the bird carries what you are looking for.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I've been searching around and asking the guy who works at my local magic shop and I still haven't found anything ... totalastonishments@gmail.com if you guys find a name or link .. i might just stick a sponge or something in the cup ... i don't know if that will work or not.
Hey I pmed you a link to what you need and like I said Rich Ferguson does teach it in his Murphy's lecture

Jun 19, 2014
I happened to by some stroke of luck end up performing for a member of my local ibm ring and i asked him and he gave me a pretty decent idea as well... Thank you to every one here on the forums as well :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results