When a Trick Goes Wrong

Nov 6, 2007
Hey everyone.

Today I did a card trick for an assembly at my school. I did a simplified version of Restless Lady with my own ending.

Well guess what? I messed up.

However, when I messed up, the audienced thought I actually meant to do what happened and were amazed haha. So from there I altered the routine "sleightly" and everything turned out fine.

I don't know. Just thought I'd share that with all of you.

I really would have prefered the original plot of the trick, as it makes more sense, but what can you do?

Here's the video if you're interested.

Good work mate. That's what defines you as a magician, not how good you can pull off the most difficult sleight. But the ability to perform under pressure and adapt to any changes or mistakes without skipping a beat. Which is what you did. Unless you know the routine, you'd never know any different from watching that. :)

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I don't know what you did wrong... you still did a great job! Patter would have been nice, but it was still good.

Nov 6, 2007
It didn't even look like you messed up. Heck, where did you mess up? Pleasure as always watching you perform.

Good Work

Haha thanks. I guess you have to know the basic plot of the routine to realize I messed up, but the "correct" version is much nicer as I have already said :)

I don't know what you did wrong... you still did a great job! Patter would have been nice, but it was still good.

Yeah I did this on a night's notice and I had no idea if I was going to be able to get a microphone or anything, so I tried picking a trick which was easy to understand without patter.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Hey everyone.

Today I did a card trick for an assembly at my school. I did a simplified version of Restless Lady with my own ending.

Well guess what? I messed up.

However, when I messed up, the audienced thought I actually meant to do what happened and were amazed haha. So from there I altered the routine "sleightly" and everything turned out fine.

I don't know. Just thought I'd share that with all of you.

I really would have prefered the original plot of the trick, as it makes more sense, but what can you do?

Here's the video if you're interested.

Veeery nice man!

That's what being a magician is alll about!!! :):)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results