Where did you get those cards?

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I really don't see what the big deal is if somebody wants to see the cards. Their freaking cards, let the person do what they want with them.
Your missing the point a little bit though. Why give them a needless reason to have a doubt about something? It's llike a little bug that gets in their brain and no matter how you try to explain it off that one thing puts the doubt there and it lingers.

An example would be you as a magician watching another magician you hav'nt seen before. He does something and you glimps a move but you don't know what it was. Now you've lost the moment. There is that doupt bug in your brain. I hate this part as I'm usually not looking for it because personally I rather enjoy the moment when it comes.

I almost always got asked when using customs. I've tried everything from saying they are just a better quality deck that I can get more use out of, to spreading them to show the fronts and backs and saying they are normal. The problem is I should'nt have to. Thats not where I want the attention anyway. Mostly due in part to their beautiful designs it gets their brain thinki ng about questions. Then the doubt bug comes and eats their brain and they miss out on the moment.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I always say to my audiences...if a magician lets you examine something, there is nothing to find. Most people don't want to examine the pre-condition.
Ha. Reminds me of when Ricky Jay was on the Arsenio Hall show. Ricky hands the deck to Arsenio and he barely cuts it and hands it back to Ricky. Another guest on the show asks him why he didnt shuffle it more. Arsenio looks at him and says "because I know it doesnt matter."

Great insight on his part also.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Became a mentalist and found things dealing the mind alot more interesting and better able to connect to the audience.

I see. Well remember, the cards themselves can be, and are, mysterious and inviting to people. It is what(effects) and how you perform with them that counts for true.

Mar 29, 2008
I look forward to that day as well. because it will be rather boring. I'm mentalist not a magician, so I personally find Card magic to be rather impersonal and filler. Compared to Billet Work and other forms of Mentalistism.

And actually Darwin Ortiz used to have the people he was performing for supply him with the cards.

The point is that it shouldn't bother you if they want to see your cards or coins or sponges or whatever.

So, what you are saying is that you have no real life experience dealing with this issue, but like to share your opinion anyhow. That is fine...and believe me Randy, when we meet - it will be FAR from boring.

Glad you are not doing magic - mentalism deserves your abilities far more than we do. Cheers.

Mar 29, 2008
So you cheated your friends out of money....nice and ethical. Good use of a magician's prop. Hopefully we all have a little more integrity than that. Just saying.

I hope so too - as I am not promoting the use of marked cards for cheating...I would promote riffle stacking, as the evidence is gone once you are done. Anyhow, guess I have no integrity....thanks for pointing that out. Then again, never really stated I had any to start.

So Baller...I mean Rellab, sorry my dyslexia kicked in, what are your thoughts on handling that "where did you get those cards" - comments?

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
So, what you are saying is that you have no real life experience dealing with this issue, but like to share your opinion anyhow. That is fine...and believe me Randy, when we meet - it will be FAR from boring.

Glad you are not doing magic - mentalism deserves your abilities far more than we do. Cheers.

I like that attitude.

Yeah because all you're going to do is yell at me (that is if you want to spend the 300 bucks on a plane ticket and a hotel just to do to that.) Which shows a lot about your character. You once called Baller a bully, but from the attitude I see so far. It's pretty much you who is the bully. Which is fine, because it's internet and alot of people suffer from that syndrome. But get this straight, If you want me to take your advice seriously. You need to calm your ego down abit. OK kiddo.

Mar 29, 2008
I like that attitude.

Yeah because all you're going to do is yell at me (that is if you want to spend the 300 bucks on a plane ticket and a hotel just to do to that.) Which shows a lot about your character. You once called Baller a bully, but from the attitude I see so far. It's pretty much you who is the bully. Which is fine, because it's internet and alot of people suffer from that syndrome. But get this straight, If you want me to take your advice seriously. You need to calm your ego down abit. OK kiddo.

Umm, actually, I thought it would be interesting to meet the young man that is behind all these passionate posts. It is obvious you love entertaining. You make a big jump about meeting to share, and me wanting you "yell at you". That is really a paranoid reaction. I think if we ever had a chance to jam, you would have fun. If you think I have an ego, that is fine. I don't think that the level of my ego has anything to do with the validity of my thoughts. Are you honestly saying if I wrote things in a way that was acceptable to your fragile nature, that you would take my thoughts to heart? I doubt it.

Anyhow - this isn't a topic worth getting worked up over. In the end...we do tricks, it isn't that serious a thing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results