Where would magic be?

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
Where would magic be, if No one in the history of humans, had ever revealed a trick? and the only way to learn tricks was to know a magician.
I don't have much to think a bout in class, so I was thinking, What if the only way you could learn magic, was by being taught by a magician. No DVD, No TV, and Best of all No exposure.

would we be seen as gods? maybe Angels or Demons? Would we be seen as Supernatural. Would we have a higher Role in Society?

If no trick was ever exposed, how could the public tell that there is a illusion behind what we do. No one would know, except us. Most magicians I have met, try to convince their audience, that what they are doing is real. Some magicians Will admit, that there is a trick behind it. If No one Ever found out what we do is Unreal, What would Magic do to the world?

What is your opinion on this.
Yes its a pretty stupid thread, just wanted to see what some answers would be

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well, firstly I would say that this could only ever be purely hypothetical and would be impossible to ever achieve in real life. As many people have said, exposure is impossible to stop in its entirety.

I don't think we'd be seen as anything other than magicians. All we would be seen as would be a more elite group of performers. I don't think there'd be a revolution where everyone suddenly thought we were ghosts. "Magic", as a whole, would continue in the same role, on a smaller scale, on a more elite scale, and not on YouTube at all.

Mar 19, 2008
My place!
yeah depends on the time in history.we might be seen as hevenly beings, or demons and be hung. If their was never exposure magic would be way behind, as would be all things and knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

Just deleted the last 3 posts and edited the 2nd reply. Let's not get religion involved because as one of the posts said, people could get offended.

Anyway, magic would be in both a better and worse shape. For one thing, I wouldn't have people asking me if I did a "double flip" at one point.:rolleyes:No one would know any of the movies I did.

Whether we were looked up as supernatural beings would be up to the magician obviously.

-Doug

Jun 23, 2008
bronx, ny
if we showed little kid tricks to the world and kept the big thing to our slef it would be a just right blacne beetween the magic and everyone else thats the world i would love to live in

Oct 9, 2008
I think that we would be either shunned (like killed or exiled lol product plug) or looked up to as kings. That would be depending what time period we are in.

-Mike aka Insert.Username.Here aka the Dragon (yeah i made a username called The Dragon i may or may not use it) lol

Sep 11, 2007
None of us would be commenting on this forum if no secrets were shared. Secrets would've died with the creator never to been seen or known of again.

Every one here all of us magicians hate exposer. What people dont realize is the only reason why exposer is still here is because we going looking for it!
If we stopped watching it, there would be no market for it and it would be lost in history.

A lot of people I do magic for believe i have powers, not every one... but a lot. I dont say what im doing are tricks, and i try not to use cards when i do magic, there are some card effects out there that are beautiful so i perform those. To me playing cards scream the words Fake, tricks, sleight of hand.

I think a cool thing about our genaration is we are getting rid of that steriotype of what a magician used to be, some guy doing tricks. Now it' these people doing miracles.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Basically, if we all adopted Scarne's approach to magic (with his cutting to the aces) and took our secrets to the grave, other magicians would spend years imitating or attempting to figure out our methods. Every magician would be different, in that, if every magician only learned from their one teacher-every magician would have a different array of tricks/sleights, and each magician would have their own specialty.

Instead of everyone learning the same or similar tricks. What if only one magician figured out the double lift? How awesome were his(or her) tricks when they were the only one doing it, compared to everyone else?

It's like when a new concept is introduced in video. People can replicate it (sometimes) and it creates a big stir in the community. If it were never released then we'd all be trying harder and harder to figure it out.
It'd be like the movie the prestige. Both magicians trying to one up each other, attempting to make the 'ultimate' illusion.

Just a few quick thoughts...must get ready for work now.

-Rik

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
im of the opinion that magic would be more respected by people.
Because it would be even harder to become one.It would be more of a rarity to see a magician than it is now.
It would have to be the truly artistically devoted people to magic that would want to become magicians.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results