Which book?

Mar 14, 2008
By Forces Unseen. I've heard this is a very advanced book with great material.

Sep 2, 2007
London
If you haven't got Expert at the Card Table, Royal Road and Expert Card Technique, then get those immediately.

Personally, I love Vernon's work, so I would recommend the Inner Card Trilogy and Ultimate Secrets of Card Magic, and the Vernon Chronicles.

I think if you study Vernon it gives you a great platform for really understanding and being creative with card magic, and magic in general.

Jun 22, 2008
earth
By Forces Unseen. I've heard this is a very advanced book with great material.

By Forces Unseen is fantastic!

Do you have expert card technique by Hugard and Braue? that's a must have.
mnemonica by Juan Tamariz is brilliant, but perhaps the most advanced of the ones I've mentioned.
Past Midnight by ben earl is a dvd set but it has really good intermediate to advanced stuff, really good.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
The way I see it, you can go one of two ways. Either you can go study the classics, which I would personally recommend. Dig out Vernon, Marlo, etc. It may not be where the hardest creations ever made are, but it's where the best is. If you're insistent on really hard stuff though, or if you just want to challenge yourself, get By Forces Unseen by Earnest Earick, the material there is VERY hard.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
If you want to start "studying" from card magic books, I would not reccommend By Forces Unseen to be your first. I recommend trying to get something a little bit simpler but gives great tips and advice. The Card College Volumes are pretty pricey, but very worth it [if you get all 5 volumes]. Or something the sort of The Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher should also be a great choice. Another one would be Chris Kenner's Totally out of Control (although I'm not too fond of it myself, it is still great to others).

I also do recommend Erdnase or any of the Annotations by Dai Vernon called "Revelations" or the one by Darwin Ortiz. They are advanced material including BFU but with time and practice you should be able to make progress.

Good luck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results