Which do you prefer - Tivo Transpo or Tivo 2.0?

Which do you think is better?

• Total voters
Sep 1, 2007
Based on the trick itself (and not how many youtube videos there are of it), which do you think is better, and state your reason.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Well as the effect itself, I like Tivo 2.0 more, it's just a really great transpostion!

But for some reason I can't get down Tivo Transpo, no matter how much I practice, it just doesn't looks right. But anyways, I love Tivo 2.0.

Jul 14, 2008
Well, I love Dan and Dave's work, but I would have to say Tivo 2.0 is better because you must put a lot of amount of practise if you want to get Tivo Transpo down.

Dec 22, 2007
Tivo transpo is actually much easier if you use a triple lift instead of the bluff pass thingy, and if you use a shake change instead of a the superflip.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I for one, like tivo Transpo better. Just because it's harder to make it look smooth doesn't mean it is worse, in fact, once you get it smooth, I think it looks alot more rational than 2.0. Alas, it's a very close call.

Il put my vote on Transpo, but just by a little bit.

Sep 24, 2008
Bavaria, Germany
Tivo transpo is actually much easier if you use a triple lift instead of the bluff pass thingy, and if you use a shake change instead of a the superflip.

yeah and tivo 2.0 is much easier if you use duplicates...damn it..
Did you understand the difference between the two tivo´s?
They are not just two similar transpos but with different color changes.
The tivo transpo is performed the way it is performed because of the flow and the elegance of its handling.
Tivo 2.0 is in your face. Hardhitting because of that split second transpo change. Tivo Transpo is the elegant handling of it.
By exchanging the existing handlings with the ones you´ve mentioned, you kill the name tivo. The way you do it, it would be "just a transpo". Not everything you do, where two cards are changing places should be called tivo.
For lay people it may work out the same....but I hope some people get my point here.....pain in my ass how some people think about handlings of tricks...

@ topic:

Ive put several months of practise in each of the tivos and I hardly do the tivo 2.0 more often, though I like them both very much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY_h3z_iG0M

old video of mine...

Both of them have their advantages and disadvantages, so ... do what you like and what fits the situation.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Wow, that perofrmance was top notch Cray! Good job. ONly thinkg I can say is that the card you place in the middle of the deck should be slanted diagonally a bit ;) I think it adds to the impossibiltiy of a switch being done.

Sep 17, 2008
Maryland
The transpo in my opinion is not only harder to do, but much more elegant. I like the look of just dropping the cards and in a blink of an eye the card has changed. I still can't get it down completely yet to where it is all in one single motion (which I have worked on it for a while) which is why Tivo 2.0 comes easier to me. I think the harder the trick is for me, the more I like it. I enjoy the challenge (however frustrating it may be).

My vote is for Tivo Transpo.

Sep 24, 2008
Bavaria, Germany
Wow, that perofrmance was top notch Cray! Good job. ONly thinkg I can say is that the card you place in the middle of the deck should be slanted diagonally a bit ;) I think it adds to the impossibiltiy of a switch being done.

thanks for that kind words :)
Yeah that is why I kind of dislike the video. The card is sticking out just a tiny bit...too tiny :-/ Normaly I do better ^^

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Tivo Transpo just seems so much cleaner and more impossible dans mon opinion. Can't say why due to exposure but you probably know what I mean...(think showing the second card).

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
Ahh yes, an important question which resides among the greats such as:
Blondes or Brunettes?
Chocolate or Strawberry?
Pizza or Burger?

It is a question i ask myself every day once i wake up, and every night before i go to sleep, and i'm sure many on here do the same, worrying about which Tivo is more popular on theory11.com.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Ahh yes, an important question which resides among the greats such as:
Blondes or Brunettes?
Chocolate or Strawberry?
Pizza or Burger?

It is a question i ask myself every day once i wake up, and every night before i go to sleep, and i'm sure many on here do the same, worrying about which Tivo is more popular on theory11.com.

Depends on the person.
Chocolate strawberries.
Burger as long as it's from Pizza Hut (though I am rather partial to Burger King's Pepperoni pizza).
'Nuff said. Now where's my ****ing paycheck?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results