Which Effects Do You Perform Most?

May 6, 2008
Egypt
If someones who has never seen you do card tricks or anything from before asks you to show him something with his deck , what tricks would you do and in what order? (I dont think you can start with your strongest effect & finish with an effect that is half as strong)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
No offense, but there are many threads (with the title formulated in different ways) asking people the same question; you might want to take a look at those threads. :)

Anyway, I usually do Hofzzy Osbourne (from Dan&Dave's Trilogy) followed by Bodyguard (Jay Sankey)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I usually have a chat with the person and find out how much he knows about cards. Does he play poker etc, then I hit them with a classic force with an elaborate revelation. However being more focused on mentalism I can use this more effectively as I am not trying to find his card but merely figure out what it is. Then I go onto something like my version of spectator deals CAAN. Finally finishing with spectator cuts to the middle card of a straight flush.

The most important thing in my eyes is making sure each effect flows onto the next even if it may seem a little ambiguous at times.

However I use if I am doing something with a more magic slant. It goes something like this;

Classic Force, just as they take the card say any card as long as it is not the force card.
If I miss then it is ACR
If I hit it is still an ACR but they suspect that I have more than one of the card in my deck, the force then the constant rising.
Finally when they ask if there is more than one of the card in the deck I do a card to pocket to show there is actually none of that card in the deck.

Or Just learn Cameo from Daniel Madison's One, it's a great example of building an effect into a multi-stage routine.

Jan 11, 2008
New york
If I hit it is still an ACR but they suspect that I have more than one of the card in my deck, the force then the constant rising.

he wants to use the other persons deck. it was kinda two questions.

You can have them pick a card,control it then throw there deck up into the air and reach up and pluck there card among the flurry of falling cards.

It is true that many threads have been written about this. but oh well.

Often I would start by forcing him the kings or stripping them out. I would then proceed to do David Stones Traveler.

After that I would most likely do De Ja Vu from the trilogy.

Next, my own version of the ACR.

After that I may do hand to mouth also from the trilogy.

also, for a powerful closer I would do Ghost from David Stone's RSoM vol: 1. This trick hit's hard because not only do you fin there card but you also place their card back in the pack and proceed to visually melt the deck away into all 4 cards of theirs. So if their card was a 2 then the deck melts into all 4 twos. The brilliant part is it's completely imromptu and fairly easy. you also can get an instant reset right after.

Dylan P.

Sep 1, 2007
Thought of card in pocket or a slop-shuffle in the hands triumph (I think the slop shuffle is really effective and they key to it is to actually be sloppy) Although there are many great in the hands triumphs out there.

Maybe the time machine.

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
I would do business card prophecy that's the only thing i do and i know they going to come back(you can also do it with paper not just business cards)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results