Whisper -Ken Dyne

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Firstly let me state that this is very difficult product to review, especially on these forums. There are a few different reasons for that and primarily that is due to the demographic of the majority of the members here. With that being said there is still a select few who these routine would work well for. Due to the nature of the method, the type of performance it is geared for and of course the price makes this a hard recommendation to almost anyone. With that being said I love the book am more than happy with my purchase.

Firstly the add copy, I know that a lot of people complain about little things not being mentioned in add copies to hype the effect. I can definitely state that Kennedy does not do this and goes as close to revealing the method as physically possible, everything that is typed on the page and also themethod video embedded on the site is 100% true. Ken goes on to discuss every detail about the effect about where he got the idea from to its current inception.

Personally I like this approach as th effect itself is very simple however watching it evolve through the pages of the book show the power of the routine and the subtle approaches to heighten the effect ten fold. Whilst I was quiet satisfied with the book at this stage, pleasantly surprised with the other additions which were added to the book, he gives a few variations on effects that appear to use the the Whisper concept however they use more traditional methods. This is great as in my show I like to have a almost palendromic like feel where one half of the show is reflected onto the other. And by having two methods fir similar effects nobody in the audience would be able to reverse engineer either effect.

The guest contributions within this book are definately first class. Some of then are very clever for example Mark Eldson's variation on the effect is brilliant, but a little too much in my opinion. Colin McLeod's variation on the effect takes it to a level which is as bold as you can get and would work very well on a large stage but in a more intimate environment it would be a huge problem. On the flip side Patrick Redford elevates Colin's method to awhole other level. The is also a method discussed in which the method is completely hidden.

Whilst the first half of the book is primarily around the idea you will bw using the this as a book test, it really is just the tip of the iceberg relating to this concept. As the book goes on there are book tests, design dupes even a ACAAN. I have had so much fun with this idea the only real draw back is that I wasn't sure if I was where it should go in my show.

Th only real negative thing I can say about this product is the price, it is not a bad thing and I while heartedly understand why Kennedy placed a high price on the book. This actually was something I have was going to talk about as its own standalone essay (and I still plan to). Do I think its value for money yes I do, do I think there are better things I could spent the same amount of money on yes I do. The thing is there is always something better value for money, however the real decisions whether it is something you will find value in this book is up to you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results