White Centurion Release Window - 30 Minutes

What's cooler than white centurions....the tribus deck. They look awesome, but the original are 100% plastic coated playing card. I'll make couple of these later in future in US playing card stock after I get their permission to use their back design and getting my budget together. I'm planning to make two colors: black and white, inverted black and white.

here's the site to see it: http://www.tridentcards.com/100%+Plastic/Fournier/Fournier+A+Tribus+Poker+Standard+Index.html

What's cooler than white centurions....the tribus deck. They look awesome, but the original are 100% plastic coated playing card. I'll make couple of these later in future in US playing card stock after I get their permission to use their back design and getting my budget together. I'm planning to make two colors: black and white, inverted black and white.

here's the site to see it: http://www.tridentcards.com/100%+Plastic/Fournier/Fournier+A+Tribus+Poker+Standard+Index.html

hmm that back design is quite nice.

Sep 1, 2007
They should just release the stupid deck. Then everyone will be happy. I didn't try to get any last night, but we all know they will release them someday.

If they don't ever release them, I have a question. Why? Everyone wants them, you'll make a ton of money. Are you afraid it will loose its "rarity" Release the damn cards.

Jan 13, 2008
They should just release the stupid deck. Then everyone will be happy. I didn't try to get any last night, but we all know they will release them someday.

If they don't ever release them, I have a question. Why? Everyone wants them, you'll make a ton of money. Are you afraid it will loose its "rarity" Release the damn cards.
Agreed.

Just slapping "second edition" somewhere on the box, and making a minor change to the cards would solve the problem of the rarity. Everybody wins this way!

Sep 1, 2007
Who even cares about the rarity. I just don't get theory11's motivation behind these limited releases. Yeah its clever marketing, but I think they should just cut the crap and release the deck. As said before, everyone will win. Customers will be happy because they get the deck they wanted. Theory11 should be happy because they'll get a boatload of cash. They are saying now that they won't rlease them, but I'm willing to bet you quite a bit that they will someday.

Jan 13, 2008
Who even cares about the rarity. I just don't get theory11's motivation behind these limited releases. Yeah its clever marketing, but I think they should just cut the crap and release the deck. As said before, everyone will win. Customers will be happy because they get the deck they wanted. Theory11 should be happy because they'll get a boatload of cash. They are saying now that they won't rlease them, but I'm willing to bet you quite a bit that they will someday.
Some people do care about the rarity, though. I understand that you want the deck, as do I and many other people, but that's no excuse for ignoring the needs of those people.
But, like I said, an easy fix to that is making them slightly different and marking that they're second editions or whatever. That way, EVERYBODY wins, not just us (and theory11 with their "boatload of cash").
Also, I completely agree that they will release them at some point (with or without a change to them, however, I wouldn't hazard a guess at). E did something similar with the Black Ghost deck (although, you had to purchase quite a bit in order to get one), which is now for sale (slightly modified, to keep the rarity of the first editions in tact).

Sep 1, 2007
I personally don't want the deck. I might buy 1 or 2 when they are released properly. The reason for my rant is I think the selling of the deck is really unfair for some people.

I personally don't want the deck. I might buy 1 or 2 when they are released properly.

This contradiction is funny to me.

I find this thread to highlight what wrong with magic forums in general. Either you got a deck or six, or you didn't. There's 10 pages of ranting and celebrating with over 1600 views.

In contrast, in the general forum right now, 12:44 on 08/23 there are:

A thread titled "Help me improve" with only 57 views and 3 replies.

A thread asking for help with a mentalism routine with only 8 replies.

This saddens me that we'd waste our time and energy on something so trivial as a deck of cards most of us didn't even get when others are asking for help and being generally ignored.

Pj

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results