Why have Guardians decks at other store?

Sep 20, 2009
i heard from some different ppl say that they see Guardians at stores like W mart, just wondering why would the Guardians be on sell in W mart? doesn't that make Guardians not special anymore?

Feb 28, 2008
They're just cards... but actually the ones your find at Walmart a bit different. The finish seems a bit off and it doesn't come with a double backer.

Jan 13, 2008
They're just cards... but actually the ones your find at Walmart a bit different. The finish seems a bit off and it doesn't come with a double backer.
Maybe you got ripped off, because every deck I've bought at Wal-Mart comes with a double backer. o_O

But yeah, there's really not a lot of difference. The only difference is that with the batches sold at Wal-Mart, Theory11 doesn't do quality control on them (as in, it doesn't pass through Theory11's hands), and I believe they get printed on different machines (machines intended to handle a much larger volume of cards). Not a big deal, in my opinion, because if there are any issues with the quality, the USPCC will replace the deck (or defective cards) for free anyway.

And as for them losing this mysterious "specialness"...all I have to say is: Huh?! :confused:

Edit: Oops, forgot the stock as well. They are mighty different, heh. But still...regular Bicycles are good enough for me, so having Guardians with the stock of a regular deck of Bikes doesn't bother me one bit. I kind of prefer Bicycle stock, to be honest. It doesn't last as long, but it feels better to me. Probably just a personal thing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
May 16, 2009
The guardians sold at Walmart are not commissioned by T11. What I believe is USPCC paid for the rights to use the Guardians design and printed them on their own bicycle stock and sold them in local stores. From what I know, the USPC guardians can only be found in Canada idky, but correct me if I am wrong.

If you get a Walmart guardians deck and compared it with a T11 deck side by side, you would see and feel the differences.

One thing to mention is the Walmart guardians have blue in the court cards.

The Guardians at Wal-mart are aweful, I thought it would be a good idea to pick up a few to save shipping for practice cards and they don't last very long at all, all the ones I have bought come with a double backer but my friend didn't have any in the ones he bought so they don't seem very consitant.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results