Windows Media Player 11 Black Screen Help

Aug 1, 2008
ok i download a dvd on to my computer and when i go to watch it,it gives me a black screen,no video just audio.does anyone know how to fix it??

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Not quite sure how appropriate this is being posted on a magic forum... but I'll assist you as best I can anyway.

Sounds like a problem with your codec.
However, before you do anything with that, I strongly recommend you download VLC media player (google it :))

It'll play a million more things that WMP will.

-Sam H

Aug 1, 2008
the reason its on the forum is b/c its a magic dvd i downloaded.any ways.the file that it downloaded it 2 is only wm file so goin to download the other thing you where talkin bout prob wont work

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
What program did you use to rip the DVD to your hard drive. Did it create video TS and audio TS folders, or just one wmp file?

Aug 1, 2008
just,wm format but its not the video b/c it does it to all the videos i download or every dvd i put on.and the other media thing that the other guy told me to download it didnt play auto or video.maybe its a virus on my computer idk.but i have tyred to resore my computer nothing worked, i just spent 15dollars on a illusion that it looks like ill never learn crap.because i have no clue what else to do.

Dec 20, 2008
I have an answer to your problem. I get the same thing alot, and using a simple video converter can fix the problem quickly. You can use what I use, a free video converter by koyote soft. You can download it for free, and then use it to convert the file to either wmv or avi. This will fix your problem like it did mine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results