Worst Guesses

Nov 12, 2008
Hey, I've been doing magic for about 5 years now and over those 5 years I have heard some ridiculous guesses for how a trick is done. I wanted to see some of your 'Worst Guesses' stories here... will be good for some funny stories... I can only see now what people will say about Thread..

' I know what you did... you tied the string to your uvula and controlled your uvula to push the sting up into your eye... yeah.. I saw that on Youtube... better next time buddy...'

This is something that I will probably encounter when performing Thread, of course when it is released and arrives at my doorstep, but let's see what you guys come up with... :p

i havnt had too many bad guesses, i had one girl seriously think that to split 2 sponge balls in half that you had to massage it the right way, and to have one ball jump to the other you have to massage one ball away and then split the other one so it'll work lol
then i got her to give me a massage lol, not.

Aug 31, 2007
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I can't think of any off the top of my head but i love it. After a trick is done, they look at you like "I know how you did it." and then go on with their "worst guesses" and you just sit there and nod your head sayin "Yup... thats exactly how its done."

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
ive had a lot of the oh you can just stop time stuff but the strangest/funniest would probably be either that i have x-ray vision, or one of my favourites i was performing mental voyage which is a one on one style trick. it was just the two of us and when i got the card they though that i had someone hiding and telling me te card or that i had a hidden camera. or i did one trick at school where i put a signed card thorugh a locked locker and they said oh its just a duplicate even though it had their signature on it.

Apr 27, 2008
I was using the Zombie Ball for a friend's mom and instead I didn't use the silk but just my hands. So I made it float a little bit from my hands and these were her exact words, "You have some type of expensive lotion and when the heat hits down on it it makes the ball float. I know how this one is done, very clever but I know how to think outside the box also. Good luck next time though." I just stood there wondering how the hell did someone come up with that, I mean that could maybe work if I knew what the stuff was. Zombie Ball was so simple and she gave the most far out and worst guess I ever had so far.

Dec 13, 2007
Once i performed silver dream for a family friend (and i had braces at the time) so she thought that the coins were magnetic and they stuck to my braces...

also, one time i performed factory sealed, and the person thought that i had one side of the coin painted to look camouflage and that i switched the coin afterward...

The sad part is that i couldn't tell if they were joking or not

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
[Backpalm vanishes and reproductions]

"Yeah, you just had the card in your right hand and you did 'a move' and then it disappeared and then you did 'another move' and it came back. Easy."

Yeah, okay... so what exactly is this 'move'?

[Erdnase Change]

"I know how how you did that. You just waved your hand over the cards and lifted one off and then made it disappear. That was lame."

Now if only I could make the card change without magical 'disappearances'.

[Force and reveal]

"You just looked at my card when I put it back"

But I gave you the deck to put your card in and shuffle.

Responses like these make me love this art even more.

Last edited by a moderator:

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
[The Invisible Palm]
Oh I know how you do that, you cut into your hand so you have a little slit in your hand, so when you palm it, you put it in that slit in your hand. easy

uhhhhhhhhhhh. There's not much I can say to this.......:confused:

[stigmata]
You squeezed the card around your wrist so when someone squeezed, the number shows up.
ummmm, no.

[Saw]
That was so f*cking lame!!! You obviously had a second piece of thread behind your neck

HUH??? The string never goes completly through my neck so what purpose would another sting BEHIND my neck do????

[Distortion]

Oh that's easy. To make the diamonds move, you're holding 2 cards in your hand and then you slide them apart to make it move

hmmmm, well if I did that, you would see 2 cards in my hand.

Here's another Distortion "method"

There's a magnet in your hand

uhhh yeah, cuz everyone knows paper is magnetic. :rolleyes:

[Card to magicians backpocket]

I know how you do that. When I wasn't looking you took my card and put it in your backpocket

But you took the deck, put your card in and suffled it. I never touched the deck.....

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
For Hummercard, I had an older lady tell me I was using magnets.... lol

And for Stigmata, (business card routine) I had a lady (who wasn't that impressed by the writing on the arm, but far more impressed about figuring out the name), tell me it was probably her skin vibrating to create the red marks while she thought about the initials. lol she wasn't really all that impressed until I said the name, then she freaked out.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Backpalm allegedly is done by flicking the card up very fast and catching it behind your ear. I thought everyone knew this.

And of course the snap change. It's obvious what goes on here, according to one spectator. I actually flashed a little in this one, he saw the other card before I'd cleaned up. Well, I clearly manage to throw the second card out from behind the first card and then snatch it out of the air in an instant.

And Witness. This actually uses a gimmick. A heat-sensitive card that changes when between someone's hands. Why it took Lee Asher to invent this, I never will know...

Feb 12, 2008
Any given selected-card reveal:

"Oh, big whoop. The whole deck is a 7 of spades."

At which point, it's all kinds of hilarious fun to spread the deck for them to examine. :D

Any given selected-card reveal:

"Oh, big whoop. The whole deck is a 7 of spades."

At which point, it's all kinds of hilarious fun to spread the deck for them to examine. :D

that one is GREAT to do also lol!

i one time did a trick where they picked a card and wrote it on a piece of paper and burnt it and i rubbed the ashes on my arm and it reveals there card... my step dad knew exactly how i did it... the ink from the pen got stained on my arm when i rubbed the ashes on my skin??? i didnt know it did that.

but some of thoughs guesses are great!

Aug 18, 2008
DREAM OF ACES

"I know what you did, when I was looking over here...you did something over there"

-_-

nuff said

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results