Wounded - b.Smith :: Review

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
I found this review very interesting- so thank you V.

I personally have been thinking about picking this up. Why would I want to cry blood? Well the place I have been performing lately is an open mic night type of event. It is a small theatre but the spectators are some of the most drunk most rude spectators ever. I perform there for "flight time" so to say and if I can impress them then I've done at least a few things correctly. Where does this effect fit into this little story? I've performed at this particular place 3 times formally on stage but have performed for the audience a handful of times off stage. Ever since my first performance I usually garner some kind of reaction similar to "this is the devil's work!!" or "the power of christ compels you!!" Now I assure you that my presentation differs greatly from a presentation where you expect this response. Simple card to mouth, Angle Zero, I even performed a self-creation "ripped card to chosen dvd"- there is always one person that feels to make my act more about how funny they are that they screamed something religious.

To end my little rant- if I purchased this I would for certain drop the jaws of my audience. All I would have to do is wait, clear the stage, become very quiet and perform Wounded.

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
And you may never be allowed to perform there again.

I completely agree that this particular performance is not suitable anywhere in any kind of professional act. But I thought I made it quite obvious it would suit this one place that I perform at. To make an errant assumption is not right in any capacity. I understand the warning but at the same time I would never begin to make any assumption about anyone's magic or the arenas in which they perform, especially yours Steerpike.

Respectfully,
~vintage

Sep 1, 2007
But I thought I made it quite obvious it would suit this one place that I perform at.

No. You didn't.

To make an errant assumption is not right in any capacity.

Spare me. Assumptions are a major part of how we evaluate and quantify our perception of reality. And to err in one's assumptions is commonplace and more often than not an entirely trivial issue. Assumptions are only demonized in a vain attempt to create the illusion of maturity and enlightenment.

To repeat, erring in an assumption is a common mistake. One that I would hope we could regard as adults and put behind us, as opposed to disingenuously attempting to grab for the moral high ground over an imagined transgression. Wouldn't you agree?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results