WV is here

WV.

Nov 3, 2008
South Africa, Durban
Hi all.

I'm WV, from South Africa, where magic is almost dead! There are a few magicians in Cape Town (a province here) as well as a College of Magic, but everywhere else its pretty much dead.

I was always into magic as a kid, no one nurchered it so my interest kind of drifted away until May 2008 when the magic bug found its way to me an bit me hard!

So basically I only started seriously studying magic in May this year, but was caught of gaurd with all the "candy shop treats" that the magic world has to offer, until a magician gave me some good direction and advised me on some good material recently (about 2 weeks ago) and I am now focusing on close-up and platform magic.

I got the Ammar Card Miracles volumes 1 - 3, Roth Easy Coin Magic volumes 1 -3, Steve Dacri's Spongeball Toolbox, Greg Wilson's Ring Leader and some more.

I just thought I would introduce myself and give some background as to where I come from and what I do.

To the creaters of T11, great job! I downloaded the "Classic Color Change" and was amazed at the quality of the material that you offer - and that one was a free download.

I'm sure I'll find some good advice here from fellow magicians.

Till later,

WV

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Whats crack'lacken mang! I'm a coin guy so props on the Roth material. Check out David Stone he's got some good work too.

Sypris - This isn't where I parked my car

Hi WV, yeah theory11 rocks,
but you think magic is dead yet you have a magic college?
The closest thing I have to a magic college is my post office, where I get my stuff. And my gecko which I'm still waiting on.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
welcome, the emergency exits are here, here and here. In case of oxygen loss in the cabin, wayne houchin will fall from the ceiling and pop a coin into the back of everyones soda can.

Dec 3, 2007
welcome, the emergency exits are here, here and here. In case of oxygen loss in the cabin, wayne houchin will fall from the ceiling and pop a coin into the back of everyones soda can.

Now thats funny...
and yea WV welcome to the brotherhood :D

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
HEY WV!

DO you speak Dutch? (ish), I hear you speak Dutch in South Africa, or a different version of it. If I cnan remmebr correctly from my time in Holland -

Ik ben Gustav, hoe moet het? welke eigenschappen heb jij?

GW ;)

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England

Pahahaha, that made my day XD

Welcome to the forums man, the moderators are always around if you need help - if not, just shoot me a PM - always here ;)

-Sam H

Nov 30, 2007
Welcome man, cool to have someone from South Africa here! If you got any questions, feel free to PM me!

WV.

Nov 3, 2008
South Africa, Durban
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I don't speak Dutch, but I do speak Afrikaans, it is similar, but I still did not understand some of the Dutch written above :D

As for the College Of Magic in Capetown, I've never been there and it is, I stand to be corrected, abut 18 - 20 hours drive! So apart from Capetown, which is sort of our "Hollywood", everywhere else magic is pretty dead. In my hometown of Durban I know of only 1 magician and only because I Googled magicians in South Africa.

So I guess I can make a go at it here, but I need to make people care and ofcourse practise ALOT more before I strat chraging people for my performances. Making Durbanites care is pretty hard, as they seem to care less about the "arts" than those people in Capetown!

Concerning questions, what will be the best PASS to learn for a color change for an effect like "Blindsided" - one that I can download here and that is not the classic pass - and what are some good downloads from here that will teach me some good flourishing.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Re: your questions - I don't think any pass in the 1-on-1 section would be particularly suited for your needs. Apart from disagreeing with the concept of a pass as a colour change (won't a normal colour change do?) the passes offered thus far won't really suit colour changes.

Regarding the flourishing - go to the 1-on-1 section, and pretty much just have a look at everything! Really depends on what you like mate. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results