X Finger or Exile?

Jul 25, 2008
Both of these effects look amazing. But I dont know which is a better buy. In terms of quality, reactions, gimmick preparation, and overall performance which is better? I know X Finger is from Ellusionist.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Depends on if you like gimmicks or impromtu effects.

X finger is impromtu, eXile, using a gimmick.

Personally I like eXile better. I think it's just a better effect overall. But it all depends on you.

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
It is really a personal preferance, but I will give you a little info to go on.

Exile is amazing and the reactions it gets are better (imo) than the reactions for x-finger, however it requires a lot of setup and is not very practical for what I do. It has some flexability, but you will want to stick with the method that is taught because it is the best.

X-finger is fun to do, and completely impromptu. If you can find a pen, you can do x-finger. I like x-finger better because it uses no gimicks and audiences like it. It has tons of versitility, you can come up with many effects of your own using this concept and they give you several on the DVD. You can use it to transform words or reveal predictions from nothing.

So, I prefer x-finger as a stand alone because it is so adaptable and requires no setup, but one thing to think about is these compliment each other very well. If you take the gimick(s) from exile and use them in an x-finger routine it can be a lot of fun. I use both things together for a routine where I draw two verticle lines on my finger, then a little wave and they cross to form an X. Then the X dissapears. I pull borrow a coin put the coin in the specator's hand and draw the x's for exile, then 'pluck' the x's off and they're under the coin. Very good reactions from that one.

Good Luck,
Josh

Dec 14, 2008
When I saw exile i was amazed. When I saw X finger i was amazed too. But I think that the way exile is meant to be presented is kindof like a quarter trick makes it cooler. X finger is just like, hey look at my hand, ya know? I like exile a bit more.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I don't Like Either Of Those Effects

Care to elaborate? Saying that you don't like either doesn't educate or aid anybody really. Do you own both and are speaking in terms of method and practicality or do you have neither and this is an opinion on the effect in general and from what you've seen and heard? Your opinions are as valid as everyone else's, it just helps if you give reasons.

Dec 11, 2007
Lebanon, Bierut
i didnt like x finger, i bought the dvd, and the method isnt that smart, since its not 100 % clean, i wont talk ay further, since i am afraid to blow the secret..
still want to buy exile to know which one is better.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
i got x finger also. At first i thought the method was ******ed and i swore out loud because i thought i would never use it and no one would react.
BUT, one day i actually decided to try it out and practice it. It worked and was surprisingly convincing. Didn't take too long to master. Then i tried it on people. People really respond to this! I was also pretty afraid of getting caught and not being clean but no one i have preformed this to has asked to see my hand.
I have also started to incorporate the idea into different card routines. I my opinion, you will actually use x finger a lot more than exile which requires uber setup and prep. x finger is much more versatile. Didn't mean to go off on an x finger review there. Sorry. lol.
But if you don't mind having a gimmick with you, it's your choice which one you like the best. Good luck,
_CC

Dec 19, 2007
Italy ,Milano
Exile is not very easy to do and I do not like it. you have to considere a lot of things.
X finger is amazing and impromptu and it is also very easy.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Care to elaborate? Saying that you don't like either doesn't educate or aid anybody really. Do you own both and are speaking in terms of method and practicality or do you have neither and this is an opinion on the effect in general and from what you've seen and heard? Your opinions are as valid as everyone else's, it just helps if you give reasons.

I dont Own any of them. I just think X finer is a stupid Idea, although i have been known to love all impromptu magic. Exile, i just have a beef with not being able to do magic on the spot. a lesson i learned a long time ago. Now don't get mad at me for not liking gimiks cause i still use certain one that i feel appropriate and I do A couple of effects that require a setup if i feel they are hard hitting enough. such as out of this world.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results