Xtreme Beginnerz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2007
yes i would like to see this forum closed it is a bunch of arguing
and steerpike are you some sort of psychiatrist becuase i don't see how that tells about my personality?
p.s. i have a friend that bought this dvd when he was starting cardistry and he did not gain anything from this dvd.

I am his friend that bought this dvd it was so utterly useless i could watch a person doing this and just literally do it off the spot and i sucked at xcm at the time. There is absolutely no need to teach a charlier cut for so long i swear he tought it forever just in different angles ok sure thats good for stuff that you need angles charlier you see then you do as simple as that. They just made up fillers so people would continue buying the dvds i mean cmon all he did for the open book charlier or whatever its called is not flop it down it was useless

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
To hear you tell it, the Charlier is the only thing taught on the DVD. Is tha the best argument you can come up with? Seriously?

And as to your claim that you could do all those moves on the spot after seeing them, I seriously doubt that.

Sorry to burst EVERYONES bubble, but I absolutely Hated extreme beginners (no, I'm not even going to capitalize the title). It was completely horrible to me because I learned absolutely nothing! All the " XCM " was not even XCM!
What jewelry to wear....? I mean cmon....
What to pack in your bag..? Some of this stuff as a beginner XCM'er I don't even need to know. All of the crap discussed on the DVD I thought was just filler.
This is probably the worst DVD I had ever encountered. Ever.

If you haven't bought it yet I would recommend you DON'T. Whoever told me to buy the DVD was completely wrong in my case. Everything on the DVD is so forgetful, and the second DVD is with Q, which is totally filler with out learning ANYTHING.

Brian

I agree....Not that its the WORST dvd ever. Some things were Fairly good though i did learn some variations to a charlier cut and i havent been through the fanning worksop yet but im looking forward to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I think a few people in this thread could benefit a great deal from Xtreme Beginnerz: Grammar Edition...

Being serious, I really don't think that you can be so good that you get absolutely nothing from this DVD set. I am considering purchasing this as I would like to get a solid foundation with flourishing and this is obviously the best DVD set to get. Thanks for the review Mitchell!

Oct 28, 2007
To hear you tell it, the Charlier is the only thing taught on the DVD. Is tha the best argument you can come up with? Seriously?QUOTE]

he was using that as an example. They go over all the simple stuff for like ever and nearly everything on the dvd i could see a laymen doing on the spot with a few exceptions but that is to a laymen not to another flourisher.
i want you to buy us a good camera and we will post a video for you guys
(i'm serious) or just ship a one of your good cameras and we will ship it back after we are finished in perfect condition promise.

:)P < it has a unibrow! i love that symbol!

Well lets stop the fighting guys. Everyone has there own opinion. As long aws you guys don't start saying the cobra cut was a waste of money. Now that would be crazy. Imagine them saying "a laymen saw me do king cobra and after watchig it a few times they learned it right away". "Biggest waste of money":p Oh and might telling me were you think is the best place to learn basics to flourishing.

Aug 31, 2007
Whichever mod told us to stop arguing, are you suggesting that we aren't allowed to even ARGUE on the internet.

Guys, as copperfield said, what is your idea of a good dvd. Really, you guys could get everything when you saw it. Maybe I'm terrible, but some of the stuff where pretty tough to get down. I would say more, but I got some TV to watch.

Sep 1, 2007
he was using that as an example.

It's the only example you guys ever use. It's either about the Charlier, or about the manicure section.

Incidentally, regarding the manicure section, some of us actually take men's style seriously.

nearly everything on the dvd i could see a laymen doing on the spot with a few exceptions

I seriously doubt that you had the ability to do perching, the impossible closer, and the Hot Shot cut on the spot.

i want you to buy us a good camera and we will post a video for you guys
(i'm serious) or just ship a one of your good cameras and we will ship it back after we are finished in perfect condition promise.

Do you actually think I would trust you with any of my equipment? I don't know you.

Aug 31, 2007
Dude, a charlier, you cannot do one the spot, as easy as it is now, it takes hours to get it. And laymen are freaked out when you do a charlier.

Oct 28, 2007
It's the only example you guys ever use. It's either about the Charlier, or about the manicure section.

Incidentally, regarding the manicure section, some of us actually take men's style seriously.

I seriously doubt that you had the ability to do perching, the impossible closer, and the Hot Shot cut on the spot.

Do you actually think I would trust you with any of my equipment? I don't know you.

The charlier and the manicure section are the most annoying parts there are many parts that are almost as annoying and i don't feel like posting an entire book on all the stuff that was usless and why it was usless. but just give me one subject in the dvd and i will gladly tell you why it is usless.

you doubt that i could do perching HA! that makes me laugh just thinking about it. As for the impossible closer, it is not nearly as hard as the name makes it sound and believe it or not i actually did the charlier and the hot shot cut on the spot right after i saw my friend (old friend that is like crazy and weird now) do it!

And of course i don't think that you would trust me with your equimpment and if you did you would be CRAZY :D.

Aug 31, 2007
The charlier and the manicure section are the most annoying parts there are many parts that are almost as annoying and i don't feel like posting an entire book on all the stuff that was usless and why it was usless. but just give me one subject in the dvd and i will gladly tell you why it is usless.

you doubt that i could do perching HA! that makes me laugh just thinking about it. As for the impossible closer, it is not nearly as hard as the name makes it sound and believe it or not i actually did the charlier and the hot shot cut on the spot right after i saw my friend (old friend that is like crazy and weird now) do it!

And of course i don't think that you would trust me with your equimpment and if you did you would be CRAZY :D.

You sure told us.

Really, you did the hot shot on your first try after you saw your friend do it. We all believe you. And that you are amazing. And your camera broke.

Seriously, who's camera "breaks"? lmao. Use a friend's camera. As far as we're concerned, you're all talk.

And really, if you could do a hot shot on your first try, why are you getting a dvd called "Xtreme Beginnerz" Trust me, not many people can do that.

Hell, no one can! What's your idea of a good idea that you can learn from?

but just give me one subject in the dvd and i will gladly tell you why it is usless.

QUOTE]

So your saying that you can perch this good Also everytime I show my friends simple flourishes they get amazed. I remember how hard it was to get the hotshot cut down since I started to learn it right after chalier. It toke me a while to even launch the card out. I doubt a simple laymen could do it on the spot. Also to name a dvd how bought the fanning workshop, the jeff mcbridge section, greg irvin section. Also you still haven't anserwed my question. What dvd do you recommend for begginers. Hopefull not showoff with cards.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California

Just because you did it in one try doesn't mean everyone will too.
Okay, tell me what is useless about the one handed cuts they teach you? Or how about the fans? Springs & dribbles?
The moves that are in XB are of course BEGINNER MOVES, and you keep forgetting this is a BEGINNER DVD for BEGINNERS that we all would need to get started as a BEGINNER.
Oh did I forget to mention that this is basically for BEGINNERS?

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Guys,

I am going to close go ahead and close this thread. I have already asked everyone in here to straighten up once before, and you have not. The discussion in here has been very heated, and I do not believe that leaving the thread open would be conducive to a civil, professional and respectful environment.

Remember that there are rules which we all must adhere to.

So, with that said, let's get back to magic.

Thanks,
TDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results