Your Ambitions

May 19, 2008
manchester
urmmmm....

after collage (not usa collage - thats called universtity, I mean english collage)
(where I would/will do art and drama or art and film studies) I will by a truck for £700, get someone who doesnt say no and travel round the world, BUSKING and doing my theater magic.

when thats done I will make a film/book about being a traveling performance artist and it will earn me a billion pounds.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Become a filmmaker hopefully work close with some great people.
And im also studying for journalism and history.
Itd be amazing to be a proffesional magician but filmmaking is the top of my list.

May 19, 2008
manchester
we alll wanna be like allan hagen. lol

actually It might be because of magic films (like "the illusionist" is what made people do magic, so they think magic - and film)
also film is a bit magical, just how you can do incredible things with "fx".

what do you think?

Jul 7, 2008
Norway
I want to be a proffesional magician, but I like making films too.
I think a lot of people that like magic also like filming. (That's why magician's are making more DVD's than books nowdays).

May 3, 2008
Write, maybe direct movies. If not that, I might look into psychology, or maybe open some sort of business with my brother. I might tackle the idea of being a professional magician, although I wouldn't say it's something that I would do to get all of my income. Of course that's a long ways down; right now I'm more worried about improving my magic and getting my name out there, as well as getting through school.

Jan 13, 2008
Magic-wise, I'd like to continue performing in my brother's restaurant every now and then. Eventually he'll be having a special "evening of magic" where you get dinner and a stage act (I would try to make the trip every month to help him out with it--note that he's also a magician, and doesn't require me as another act, but our styles are so different that it actually works out well), and helping my brother do walk-around for banquets, weddings, and the like. (ie. it's a hobby, but it sometimes makes money--however, making money is not my main concern with my magic/mentalism)

Professionally, I would like to either get my Masters/Phd in Social Psychology and do research in the field, or get my Masters in Social Work and help out that way (either way, I see myself helping society in some way--whether directly or indirectly). Note that I'm currently near the end of getting my undergraduate degree (Honors Double Major in Psychology and Statistical Sciences), so I'm well on my way to my goal. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I know I'll be a pharmacist... Just because I just got into the school.
But after I'm satisfied, I want to go into music field. Musician for the remainder...

For magic, I'm satisfied with performing for my friends. Although now I'm in disadvantage, cause most everyone is too educated to be fooled... But I still manage.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
i have no idea what i want to do still.. ive switched majors at least a half dozen times. Im still waiting for a dare to be great situation... what i do know is that i love magic and i want it to be in my life in some shape or form always.

Jan 13, 2008
i have no idea what i want to do still.. ive switched majors at least a half dozen times. Im still waiting for a dare to be great situation... what i do know is that i love magic and i want it to be in my life in some shape or form always.
I hear ya on the switching majors part...I went through two years of Chemical Engineering before I switched to a Major in Psychology...and then I added on the Major in Statistical Sciences (making it an Honors Double Major in Psych and Stats) the following year (the current school year). All in all that means I'll be spending an extra year getting my undergraduate degree (5 years instead of 4), but it'll be worth it, because I'm finally happy with what I'm doing and all the doors I've opened up career- (and even postgraduate studies-) wise.

And I also agree that magic will be with me always in some way, shape, or form. It really means a lot to me because it's something that I share in common with my brother--magic really brings us together. I hear of lots of siblings fighting, but magic keeps us peaceful instead of getting into squabbles, heh. :)

Sep 1, 2007
I aspire to graduate college.

I'll probably major in film making (surprise, surprise) and continue to write.

I'd love to get paid as a magician, but I'll do what I have to to support myself...as a male stripper.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
- Computer science masters degree.
- Complete my first online browser based MMORPG (then maybe onto more)
- (Co-)Found a successful software development company whose products include at least one major innovative public web based system
- Write a complete novel

There are many more, but these are then ones that stand out to me as being most important (at least of the ones I'm willing to share).

Huruey

Ps. I also want to make films

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
Honestly, there isn't one thing in the world, that I would enjoy more, than becoming a professional magician. I'm going to try my absolute hardest to get a job as a walk around magician at a restaurant for the time being. I'm actually going to major in some kind of Marketing research, and minoring in Business, or a Small Business. Who knows those might help me advance my magic career. Also, eventually, I'd like to open up my own magic shop one day.

Sep 1, 2007
California
Someting to do with music, music critic, producer, or something like that. Anything honestly that I enjoy, if I enjoy it, I'll be happy.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
My goal is to be happy at what I do, yet economically stable.

I also enjoy networking. I love creating friendships with people in different industries from around the world.

I am working hard at trying to become a pro pool player on the Japanese circuit (JPBA) right now, but am also being requested for more magic shows.

I have recently made some connections with pro magicians and dancers here, who quite frequently make appearances on TV, and will hopefully be able to make an appearance within 2 years or so!

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Hmmm, it's pretty tough for me to answer.

I'm in college and want to finish out 4 years for sure.
But what do I want to do . . . . . .
I can't answer, I haven't made up my mind.
I do however have a few ideas running through my head.

1) Magic of course, creating my own effects and using them in my routines to show the people something different and something they had never seen before.

2) I'm very artistic, So I might consider designing things such as clothes, shoes, hats, and yeah decks :)

3) I into video editing, so producing movies/music videos would be something I'm into.

4) I like the idea of being a business man, and being a stock broker would be a good job for me. I'm into buying and selling for more money. Who doesn't?

5) Math comes easy for me. Math teacher? Maybe

So many possibilities, I can't choose 1 just yet.
Hopefully I find what I'm looking for, and I hope the rest of you achieve your goals.

~DannyT

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results