Your reputation maker? Mine is Indecent.

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Sinful! Also known as "the soda trick" by others.

Especially when I happened to accidentally use a can where, because of differences in the can, I had to come up with an alternative method on the spot to recover. That was talked about forever!

People still talk about Factory Sealed a lot, but not as much. After all, a lot of them think it's the same trick, just with a different container for the drink, haha.

Probably Gerry Griffins Out of Control Queens, Loops, Hover Card, or Personal Safe gets the best feedback. Mostly me as a performer is what I get the most compliments on not trying to sound conceited or anything but its the truth.

May 8, 2008
England
All of my tricks are reputation makers,
My sleight of hand is so perfect that I can make a reputation by doing a simple ACR
That is not challenging or good for me so i take it to the next level and Execute the Hypnotic routine
I can make a reputation by doing a french drop because im that good and charismatic
I hate coin magic so I do a backpalm instead.

Got to love modesty...

Intersting to hear some non-card effects, and I love the sound of the ACR with beer bottle finish :)

-S

Jun 25, 2008
here are mine:

-angle zero
-five speed(one of my favorite effects)
-indecent(learned it yesterday and boy do i love that effect)
-2 card monte

Oct 6, 2007
it says it right on the back of the box, it truly is a reputation maker. In a flash by Jay Sankey.

and Nalied also by Jay Sankey.

Both incredibly easy and incredibly hard hitting effects.

cant belive no one put these...buy these tricks!

Sep 2, 2007
For me they'd have to be
-Phoenix Effect
-Biddle Trick(floors em all the time...)
-Stigmata

Angle Zero is awesome, and i would definitely love to add to my routine(s), as well as Believe and 5 speed.

I have to work on my non-card/impromptu effects a bit :) I may pick up Sankey's Anytime Anywhere, I hear good things about this Vid.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Funnily enough, my best reputation maker is as simple as forcing a card and then telling them the card they picked. No big reveals, no fancy flourishes, just a force. I love it because it gives me a chance to use as much acting as possible. And after I've done this a few times to build the suspense, I write a prediction. Floors 'em every time.

My other one is angle zero. But personally I save that for special occasions.

Oh, these two are closely followed by my version of the biddle trick and This n That.

Jul 27, 2008
www.youtube.com
theres a few.
-panic - makes people go wild. makes them want to see more
-invisible plam
-extreame burn
-believe
-this and that
sometimes ill throw in tivo 2.0 or swissmade.

I have four reputation makers. These are the routines I show everyone and whenever I see that person again they always ask me to do that same one again.

1: My own Ambitious Card Routine
2: David Stone's "Ghost"
3: David Stone's "Traveler" (Traveler is the invisible palm with a twist at the end.)
4: Daniel Madison's "Angle Zero"

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results