Your thoughts about a forum

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey guys,

I have recently came across a forum/ site that is somewhat of an exposure site. The reason why I say somewhat is because they make you answer a few questions to gain access to the tricks, from my understanding.

What do you guys think? Is this wrong?

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
I have recently came across a forum/ site that is somewhat of an exposure site.

What exactly is the difference between an exposure site and an instruction site?

If you go to erdnase.com, they will sell you a book that exposes all kinds of magic effects. You can even download a PDF of the book there for free.

Of course, that's one of the most respected names in card magic, so it's not considered an exposure site.

But where is the line? Sure, we know idiot high school kid is over HERE and S.W. Erdnase is over THERE, but where's the line? When, exactly, is someone allowed to talk to others about how to perform magic? Is it simply against the rules to use the internet?

What exactly is the difference between an exposure site and an instruction site?

If you go to erdnase.com, they will sell you a book that exposes all kinds of magic effects. You can even download a PDF of the book there for free.

Of course, that's one of the most respected names in card magic, so it's not considered an exposure site.

But where is the line? Sure, we know idiot high school kid is over HERE and S.W. Erdnase is over THERE, but where's the line? When, exactly, is someone allowed to talk to others about how to perform magic? Is it simply against the rules to use the internet?

Well I think that because the site requires a password, that at least the intention on the site is good. I don't know what site he is speaking of so I can't say for sure. But I think it's a pretty safe bet that whoever runs it doesn't want anyone but magicians accessing the material.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results