Ziplocked

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Right now I tear open the bag but I am sure I could figure out a way to be able to open the bag from the top. I do feel that tearing it open shows that the top is sealed and otherwise, the only way to get that coin out is by tearing open the bag.

Yes!! Any coin can be used, can be signed, there is only one coin used! In fact, you don't have to use a coin. After we did this video, I did the effect to his girlfriend and used her ring!

Jan 16, 2008
The first time it didn't go into the bag, but not b(a)ggie ;)

Sweet effect. It obviously has potential, and if it's only one coin used and such a short prep time, hats off to you =) But I think more justification should be made as to why you're using a ziplock bag, why you would want to penetrate the bag, etc, etc.

Keep up the awesome work!

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Right now I tear open the bag but I am sure I could figure out a way to be able to open the bag from the top. I do feel that tearing it open shows that the top is sealed and otherwise, the only way to get that coin out is by tearing open the bag.

Yes!! Any coin can be used, can be signed, there is only one coin used! In fact, you don't have to use a coin. After we did this video, I did the effect to his girlfriend and used her ring!

Keep your creative juices flowing, you actually have something here. Just don't expect to create an effect in two days. You can, with the right presentation, find a way to tell a story as to why you are penetrating zip-loc bag, and why you use the coin, or the ring, or any other small object for that manner. You will find a way, if not, I have one for you.

But, if you want to take friendly advice, DO NOT tear the bottom of the zip-loc bag, it is a dead give away to the method. Why would you tear the bottom, when you can just open the top? If you want to have them convinced that the top is sealed, let them seal the top.

Let me give you a little push. Why would you tear the bottom of the bag, if you can open up the top? Unless... (you finish this sentence).

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Thanks for the great advice guys! I'm going to keep playing around with it because I really like the effect and how visual it is. I am going to try to make it as clean as possible!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results