Angle Zero - Your ideas?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Heres just an idea I came up with:

After the corner dissappearance

Take out of small photograph of a playing card corner(back design)

Ask them to hold out their hand

Squeeze or push the corner out of the picture leaving a blank spot of where the corner was.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
KingOfSpades, that's a pretty good idea - but i'm trying to figure out how to do it...maybe a photoswitch of some kind...It would be aweosme if it worked! ;)

GW

Oct 16, 2008
Happy

I had appear a corner to someone's folder and then,She (who is my audience for hold a card that missing corner)when she examined finish.She told me to sign my name on a card.I'm so happy right now:D

I had an idea (yet to try it)

Preform Daniel Madisons "Rip Free" effect and instead of cleaning up from the effect use situation to plant the torn piece into the top of the lighter (lighter would need a cap eg. zippo or something), switch the restored card back out then perform Angle Zero and reveal in the lighter. Then I suppose you could go into a TNR transpo effect or something to finish up.

Just an idea :)

You could put it on a CD, then stick the CD into a CD player. After the vanish pop the player open and let the disc slowly stop spinning.

Behind a picture on the wall.

Have the spec put the ripped card into their pocket. Do the vanish, tell them to look in their pocket. They find the piece, and the ripped card.

Put it on the receiver of the phone in their house. Do the vanish, and have them keep the card. Do another trick. Under the pretense of putting away the cards afterwords press the button on your cell phone which you pre-programed to call house you are in. They start to put the phone up to their mouth but pass out from shock in the action.

Off the top of my head...

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
Hum..without revealing the method too mkuch, i'll say it wouldn't work. Mainly because Torn too is...an illusion, of sorts.

I think that idea is in one of Daniel Madison's notes, I have it, and it is where he originally published Angle Zero. I believe it's TWO, but i'm not sure.;)

ANother idea is to have it inside you watch. As in, literally, inside.

*screws off the top of his watch and prepares for amazement:)*

This thread has some pretty good ideas, let's keep adding to it!

Yep Angle zero is described in it also. Though i love the idea of having it hanging on my necklace. You can also present it as a penetration which also gets great reactions.
P.S Two is a great book and Daniel Madison ROCKS!!

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
I had an idea (yet to try it)

Preform Daniel Madisons "Rip Free" effect and instead of cleaning up from the effect use situation to plant the torn piece into the top of the lighter (lighter would need a cap eg. zippo or something), switch the restored card back out then perform Angle Zero and reveal in the lighter. Then I suppose you could go into a TNR transpo effect or something to finish up.

Just an idea :)

TRIP from COLLATERAL would be a great ending to that one

Oct 13, 2008
That would be sicklidee awesome. Problem is when to stick it, and how to stick it so it doesn't flutter away!

GW

It's ballsy stuff, and you might need an accomplice, but it would be well worth it. Chapstick (or even a gluestick) would work if you didn't have magician's wax.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!,
Sun|Sky

Sep 22, 2008
Sydney, Australia
i thought of this the other day, why does it have to be a playing card?

i was walking down the street with some friends and i did angle zero with an old train ticket that i had on me and i just did the corner to my wallet

and its good because with a deck people can think 'oh you just had a special card that disappears its corner on cue' but a train ticket (or any other ticket) is a very common place thing and isn't really associated with magic (that i know of)

Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
i hope this one hasn't been said but i've playing with a card through window plot but instead of the piece going through the entire window make it stop half way so it is actually in side the glass it can be done with any type of window

either direct the attention to show the piece in the window or after ripping of the piece push it in to the window

there are a few negs
-the spectator can't hold the piece but personally i think thats ok
-abit of a set up

thats my idea i hope you like it
MAtt

Sep 2, 2007
Good stuff, I love angle zero and have had some problems approaching this(aside from the direct method) from a different angle(no pun intended...dont think it was one though).

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You could put it on a CD, then stick the CD into a CD player. After the vanish pop the player open and let the disc slowly stop spinning.

Oh that's a really nice idea... Imagine performing Angle Zero, on stage, to soft instrumentals, speaking occasionally over the music to talk about the beauty and the magic in a disappearance.

Dec 12, 2008
I don't actually know the trick (I'm getting the Dangerous series for Christmas) but i do have a question. In my homeroom there is a bottle attached to a string that is up near the ceiling, could I make the corner apppear there? Or would that be to hard. Also, could I get into a clock that has a cover on it?
dmmagicfreak@mail.com
email me with ideas

I don't actually know the trick (I'm getting the Dangerous series for Christmas) but i do have a question. In my homeroom there is a bottle attached to a string that is up near the ceiling, could I make the corner apppear there? Or would that be to hard. Also, could I get into a clock that has a cover on it?
dmmagicfreak@mail.com
email me with ideas

Yes. Think of it like this: Any place you could put an entire card simply by walking over to where ever you want to put it, you can send the scrap of card.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results