Saturday Night Contest : What You Think

Jul 15, 2008
I got it:

A fake video of us impersonating a T11 artist and teaching a BOGUS trick.

WE MAKE FUNNY!

Jun 21, 2008
i think that all of us are very good magicians and very talented. but what we lack the most is creativity. we need a contest to show how creative we really are. something like original trick, original flourish, etc

also another idea is a color change contest. because every one knows and has one favorite color change that they love to perform and watch. every one would enjoy and participate in the color change battle...

swisss

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
i think that all of us are very good magicians and very talented. but what we lack the most is creativity. we need a contest to show how creative we really are. something like original trick, original flourish, etc

Wait, if we lack creativity, how can we have a contest to show how creative we really are? To me, it wouldn't make sense to have a contest judged on something we apparently don't have... which I take as an insult! :p

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA

also another idea is a color change contest. because every one knows and has one favorite color change that they love to perform and watch. every one would enjoy and participate in the color change battle...

swisss

We've actually had 2 contests where we had to create an original flourish. An original trick would be a fun contest as well, but that's pretty hard to do in a few hours.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I think these saturday night contests are great.

As for an idea for a SNC we should have to perform Nate Gotz's Killer Spies trick to a live audience on the streets and whoever gets the best reaction or funniest reaction wins.
Either this should be a Battle or a SNC

If you guys don't know what Killer Spies is then here's a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQtfZ4lW8XU

[Edit] Oh i just found a parody that was kinda funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T-BaKLFR7A&feature=related

Lol, that's a good idea.

You'd have to tell me how it's done first though, because I have NO IDEA!

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
surprised there weren't any olympic themed contests..

i was thinking like.. deck discus.. :\
or like.. who can throw a card the farthest *shrugs*

but like.. they wouldn't be very easy to judge. i must say, i'm a fan of the contests that INVOLVE cards but not necessarily magic or flourishing. eg the house of cards, etc.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results