Most skilled person

Jan 31, 2008
I don't think one person is the most skilled...every individual can do certain things that no one else can. You guys are also forgetting to mention a skill demon though....Bone Ho and Ali Al Basri. Those guys are nucking futs.

-Andrei Jikh

..... um..... oh yeah, word count..... says up there....

EDIT: Damn you jamal, beat me to it.... futha mucker lol :D

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
I mean don't get me wrong...doing Pandora smooth is definately hard but nothing compared to the Cobra family. For some reason...very few people do one handed cuts you guys notice that? You don't see very many people in videos do them anymore...I don't know why.

Another thing that's really hard is Huron's Firefly.......that thing takes like 2-3 weeks to get looking like Huron's.

-Andrei Jikh

I mean don't get me wrong...doing Pandora smooth is definately hard but nothing compared to the Cobra family. For some reason...very few people do one handed cuts you guys notice that? You don't see very many people in videos do them anymore...I don't know why.

Another thing that's really hard is Huron's Firefly.......that thing takes like 2-3 weeks to get looking like Huron's.

-Andrei Jikh

Well that's what "cardisrty" is becoming. When richard first created Decknique he recruited alot of members who were members of HL. Joe jesse, mykal, you:). Those guys were doing xcm. AS time went on nd people like DnD and Daniel madison started using the word cardistry, they changed it to a mixture of magic and 2 hand cuts. Rich can say whatever he want but cardistry has become a mixture of 2 hand cuts and magic. In the past it was basically xcm with a new name.That's what richard wanted.Or at least that's what I head. :confused:THat he didn't like the way xcm sounded so he used and older name. Cardistry. :)

Jan 31, 2008
Well that's what "cardisrty" is becoming. When richard first created Decknique he recruited alot of members who were members of HL. Joe jesse, mykal, you:). Those guys were doing xcm. AS time went on nd people like DnD and Daniel madison started using the word cardistry, they changed it to a mixture of magic and 2 hand cuts. Rich can say whatever he want but cardistry has become a mixture of 2 hand cuts and magic. In the past it was basically xcm with a new name.That's what richard wanted.Or at least that's what I head. :confused:THat he didn't like the way xcm sounded so he used and older name. Cardistry. :)

Totally true J, the majority (99.9999999%) of "cardistry" videos are 2 handed cuts with little or no variety....

rich's site is schewed, the real definitions are found here:http://www.proxcm.com/beginners.htm

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
cardistry.com

Actually Cardistry is

"the non magical manipulation of playing cards designed to impress through dexterity and style rather than by fooling people."

I look at Cardistry as XCM + Flourish + Card Manipulation......no magic involved. XCM is a style to me (De'vo's/HL/SH/U4)....Flourish (Tudor/Bucks/Madison)......and Cardistry (myself, Virts, Bone, Philip McAuley, Jerry C. etc)

Cardistry people take all styles and utilize them to the full potential. I think a lot more people are now starting to realize that it's not about which is best...but rather...they combine everything in a way that suits their own style, persona, and shows off the art as a whole rather than a particular area (or small areas) of focus.

Richard never renamed anything...he just labeled something as a whole. For example.....take fruits....(apples, oranges, strawberries, grapes, etc.) .....Cardistry = Fruits............XCM/Flourish = Grape/Orange.......if that makes any sense. Cardistry is just a general idea of fruits ...not any specific one.

PS: I agree....many videos have become two handed material + magic...but that does not make Cardistry. Those that think it is, should look up the definition first. (However...two handed material is just as important to making this "fruit" as anything else and those that omit that category from a result of hard feelings are making themselves look like rotten fruits if you know what I mean)

-Andrei Jikh

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 31, 2008
cardistry.com

Actually Cardistry is

"the non magical manipulation of playing cards designed to impress through dexterity and style rather than by fooling people."

I look at Cardistry as XCM + Flourish + Card Manipulation......no magic involved. XCM is a style to me (De'vo's/HL/SH/U4)....Flourish (Tudor/Bucks/Madison)......and Cardistry (myself, Virts, Bone, Philip McAuley, Jerry C. etc)

Cardistry people take all styles and utilize them to the full potential. I think a lot more people are now starting to realize that it's not about which is best...but rather...they combine everything in a way that suits their own style, persona, and shows off the art as a whole rather than a particular area (or small areas) of focus.

-Andrei Jikh

That's an interesting way to look at it (although I don't agree with that viewpoint exactly....)

However Jerry Cestkowski would be DISGRACED to be labeled as a cardist.

cardistry.com

Actually Cardistry is

Richard never renamed anything...he just labeled something as a whole. For example.....take fruits....(apples, oranges, strawberries, grapes, etc.) .....Cardistry = Fruits............XCM/Flourish = Grape/Orange.......if that makes any sense. Cardistry is just a general idea of fruits ...not any specific one.

PS: I agree....many videos have become two handed material + magic...but that does not make Cardistry. Those that think it is, should look up the definition first. (However...two handed material is just as important to making this "fruit" as anything else and those that omit that category from a result of hard feelings are making themselves look like rotten fruits if you know what I mean)

-Andrei Jikh
Great post but sadly very few people have showed that. Majority of people and sadly the noobs have become two hand cut fan boys. When you say cardistry they do a bunch of 2 hand cuts and sybil variations. Even when you look at the representatives of cardistry, which are Daniel Madison and DnD. All you see is magic and 2 hand cuts. You and Richard started with xcm and but your flourishes still represent xcm. It would be nice if what you say might actually happen one day but today's little cardists(lol:p) love 2 hand cuts.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
cardistry.com

Actually Cardistry is

-Andrei Jikh
Totally agree man, I would rep you if I can..

@Darian: no words, he is an XCMer.. and will never accept the term cardistry

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
I didn't label Jerry C. as a cardist. I simply said what we've seen from Jerry thus far pertains to Cardistry more than the other categories. In the end though, "labeling" should not spark feuds and wars...our art is small and as fragmented as it is, should be whole. Cardistry does that in a way that includes everything...XCM/Card Manipulation/Flourish etc.

I respect XCM and Cardistry...even though these names were given without anyone's consent/permission. De'vo has said he claimed HIS art as XCM....Richard claimed Cardistry as OUR art (one that encompasses many styles...including De'vo's XCM)

Isn't it funny how a deck of cards can cause so much political debate....sometimes I look at some of these situations and can't help but to laugh out loud (literally). We're all such nerds...Katie is right.....that nerd.

-Andrei Jikh

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Its funny how everyone here seems to ignore the fact that Tudor is the greatest and Fastest Flourisher ever.

Doing a cobra is not as hard as most of you put it up to be.
Try doing a YTBN cut with doth hands crossed...yeah thats what I thought
Impossible (And I mean at full speed)

OH cuts are rare,,it takes allot of understanding to create a OH cut
Brian Tudor has created more than 9 and they are all great and practical.
Doing squares is not practical or a flourish

XCM doesnt exist
I want to know when Devo "started" with that term

And if What tHe Hell is not that HArd then why is there no one else executing the cut. Its not impossible,is actually pretty easy but no one can do it at speed

Its Funny how a 15 year old is referring to flourishers as little.

And Devo doesn't have more stuff than Tudor

Its funny how everyone here seems to ignore the fact that Tudor is the greatest and Fastest Flourisher ever. ...

Doing a cobra is not as hard as most of you put it up to be.
Try doing a YTBN cut with doth hands crossed...yeah thats what I thought
Impossible (And I mean at full speed)

I'd like to see your perfromence of king cobra. Ytbn is a basic easy cut to do.

OH cuts are rare,,it takes allot of understanding to create a OH cut
Brian Tudor has created more than 9 and they are all great and practical.
Doing squares is not practical or a flourish
phh 9? Bunch of remakes.

XCM doesnt exist
I want to know when Devo "started" with that term

He started the term around 2003. Correct me if I'm wrong. Without him flourishing/cardistry/xcm would not have been as popular as it is today. Brian tudor didn't do anything big. Made a bunch of sybil variations. He didn't make the art what it is today.

And if What the Hell is not that Hard then why is there no one else executing the cut. Its not impossible,is actually pretty easy but no one can do it at speed

Check youtube. There are alot of people who can do it at his speed. Here is Jordan lapping doing it faster. Oh and look it's extremely smooth.http://media.theory11.com/304-LemonDemon

Its Funny how a 15 year old is referring to flourishers as little.
? I bet your 13

And Devo doesn't have more stuff than Tudor
True but quality beats quantity. Tudor has a bunch of one hand cuts that are remakes and sybil variations. Devo has created concepts and took this art to the next level. Seriously tudor uses lee ashers Divingboard double and put a little cut and calls it original. What a joke.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
copperfield14 said:
I'd like to see your perfromence of king cobra. Ytbn is a basic easy cut to do.

BAsic?LOL:)
XD
I would like to see your performance of a YTBN cut
you don't even need to do it at speed
A 15 year old cant do a YTBN at speed,its impossible

phh 9? Bunch of remakes.

Remakes?LOL

He started the term around 2003. Correct me if I'm wrong. Without him flourishing/cardistry/xcm would not have been as popular as it is today.

You are Wrong
It would have been fine without him
The Bucks Are the ones that made Flourishes Popular
he doesn't even do modern Flourishes

Brian tudor didn't do anything big.

You consider making the first video strictly teaching flourishes not Big?
Inspiring Dan And Dave not Big?
Creating BAd HAbit And OH rev Not Big?
Starting the Modern Flourishing not Big?

XD

Made a bunch of sybil variations.

Oh
HE did more than just sybil variations
This just proves your lack of knowledge

He didn't make the art what it is today

Actually
He did

Check youtube. There are alot of people who can do it at his speed.

No there isn't

Here is Jordan lapping doing it faster. Oh and look it's extremely smooth.http://media.theory11.com/304-LemonDemon

Smooth=Slow
So he is doing it extremely Slow and not faster :eek:
LOL

? I bet your 13

When you were learning how to walk I was learning how to do a OH REV

True but quality beats quantity. Tudor has a bunch of one hand cuts that are remakes and sybil variations.

Remakes?Eh:(

Devo has created concepts and took this art to the next level.

Really
What Level?
you consider making a card spin on a fan and doing a foot shuffle taking it to the next level:eek:

Seriously tudor uses lee ashers Divingboard double and put a little cut and calls it original.

"Asher's Diving Board Shouldn't Be A Double" is not A joke
And he never said it was original
Really....Why would you say that
If he thought it was original he could at least change the name right?

What a joke.

The Ulmen Trials are a Joke

lol BrianationX, you're not very smart but you're pretty funny :)

I was thinking the same thing.:p BrianationXI'm done talking to a 13 year old fanboy who doesn't know anything. Oh and when I learned how to walk I was 9 months old and that was i 1993 so there is no way you could have been practicing the OHR since it wasn't released by tudor t that time. Unless if you learned it from the true creator.:rolleyes: Then that's a different story.

Mar 29, 2008
wow this thread escalated since yesterday.

Overall the best with cards in a flourishing since is jerry, if you disagree, then gtfo. however, if we broke it down to seperate categories of flourishing, there would be many differant answers.

As for tudor, I love his material, and the guy cracks me up(only flourisher that can) but to call him the best overall is absurd, his fans are fugly and I dont know if he can do an armspread. Although Tudor would probably be the best at one handed cuts and one of the best for two handed cuts.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results