Sleeping Queens

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
There is no gaff, and no gimmick sold with the effect. Also, you can use the same technique to manipulate any face card, or any other card in a normal deck. The only gimmick, if any, is home made. And to top it off, there is no color change involved.

I understand that, hence my saying that it has nothing to do with gaffs or gimmicks. As I said, it just wasn't visually appealing to me. Doesn't matter how its done if I don't like how it looks. I'm not saying it's a bad trick either, I just don't like it, visually.

On another note, I might get it anyway. I might be able to come up with other tricks that use the same techniques. I'm gonna wait for the reviews first.

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
I got the download last night and watch the entire thing.

Great effects. The Sleeping Queens' secret is so simple. And yes, it delievers. You can apply this technique to a bunch of different ideas.

I'm going to try this on my friends after the weekend, just as a test and I'll let you guys know how it turns out. But as I said. I'm not going to make the queen fall asleep. I'm going to hypnotize her. :)

As to the gum tricks, I think I like the unwrapped gum trick better than the re-wrapped one. The unwrapped gum trick is so amazingly causual that you can throw it into the middle of any other trick you're doing and continue on. I can see getting an audience reaction of "Did he do what I think I just saw?". Great for a quick misdirection. :)

Thanks for the great effect.

Dec 26, 2007
the 2 gum effects dont require gimmick you actually make the normal packs of gum a gimmicked pack of gum, which is what I thought was cool when I first saw dan do it. We really down played the 2 bonus effects but they are great.

Mar 11, 2008
ellusionist doesnt deliver to singapore which means i can get the download but no special item .. is it comon and art and carfts store?

Aug 5, 2008
I got the download last night and watch the entire thing.

Great effects. The Sleeping Queens' secret is so simple. And yes, it delievers. You can apply this technique to a bunch of different ideas.

I'm going to try this on my friends after the weekend, just as a test and I'll let you guys know how it turns out. But as I said. I'm not going to make the queen fall asleep. I'm going to hypnotize her. :)

As to the gum tricks, I think I like the unwrapped gum trick better than the re-wrapped one. The unwrapped gum trick is so amazingly causual that you can throw it into the middle of any other trick you're doing and continue on. I can see getting an audience reaction of "Did he do what I think I just saw?". Great for a quick misdirection. :)

Thanks for the great effect.

Perhaps you could write a review of this after your little experiment? I think it would really help others like me who are still undecided about making the purchase.

Also, please advise about any wardrobe requirements that the gum tricks may specify.

Good luck with your Hypnotising The Queen performance =)

Sep 1, 2007
To be honest, I'm quite dissapointed with this. We were told be papercraneproductions that this uses NO special kinds of ink or color changes, not true. Please don't think I'm revealing I am just helping others not to fall into the same trap I did.

Misleading to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I'm quite dissapointed with this. We were told be papercraneproductions that this uses NO special kinds of ink or color changes, not true. Please don't think I'm revealing I am just helping others not to fall into the same trap I did.

Misleading to be honest.

Actually if you re-read the quote by PCP you'll see they said it doesn't use Heat-Sensitive Inks//
I want everyone to know that this does NOT use thermochromatic ink or any heat sensitive ink. Again it does not use what the poster above is implying.

I also don't remember having to do any colour changes in the effect to change the card, there is alternative options as well.

I also edited your post slightly just to avoid any possible exposure.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Actually if you re-read the quote by PCP you'll see they said it doesn't use Heat-Sensitive Inks//

I also don't remember having to do any colour changes in the effect to change the card, there is alternative options as well.

I also edited your post slightly just to avoid any possible exposure.

-RA69
Very clevery worded.

Yeah but they are even worse.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Whether he lied or not...i dont care.

I like the effect, and really like both bonus tricks.

I'll probably do sleeping queen for a while, but then use the method to do different things.

And for anyone who needs to know.
A)he's wearing gloves in the video, not long sleeves to his knuckles
b)I did gum through wrapper short sleeved, and when i do re-wrapped it will be done with a short sleeve t-shirt on...and they're both very simple to perform.

Sep 1, 2007
Did I say he lied? No?

Then case closed.

And actually, yes he did lie, because it uses a color change.

I look more to what people imply. What they say is generally a pretty poor indicator of what they really think.

Reading the posts by PCP I never ONCE see them lieing. If you read their posts and in your mind just kept the fact there's no colour changes or inks then you might have not read their post fully or what posts their replying to(IE Read the post by Druix then the post by PCP, and also the one by Trashmanf). I'm not saying that is what happened but, people make mistakes sometimes and read something incorrectly, I'm not taking a personal stab at your intelligence.

Here is a quote//
This is not a color change, and it does not use a specially printed card. The eyes slowly open and as they are opening you can show that they are half open. After the eyes are only partially opened you can make the eyes fully open and it is the same card, no color changes the same card that has the closed eyes can be given away for a souvenir. This is a principle that will allow for many new effects not just an animation of the eyes.
Shaun
papercraneproductions
Never does it say "This effect never at any time will ever require you to use a colour change." So, it is very possible you got the wrong idea.

-RA69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results