New 1-on-1 : FLICKER by Doug McKenzie

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
The 1-on-1 training section was updated tonight with a brand new video from Doug McKenzie - FLICKER.

A coin production from the mind of Doug McKenzie, one of the lead magic producers for David Blaine's latest special. Also includes instruction on the Jimmy Wilson grip and the various subtleties, angles, and details that make it look smooth.

> > > Flicker - Doug McKenzie
> > > Read parallel news post

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Nice. I liked it. First one fooled me. Third one gave it away. Still, very nice move.

;) I'm watching the same preview in high definition, full screen, frame by frame, and don't see a thing. A beautiful coin production - and something Doug has performed for real people, practiced, improved, and perfected over years. Word.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I can see this working really well for laymen.

As a magician, probably fool me in real life, but just my nature of looking for what's going on saw a few things that were awkward (on camera) that led to me figuring this out pretty quickly (and I only watched it once...).

To say I know exactly what's going on...I might have a detail here or there missed...but hands only have so many places to hide coins...especially with short sleeves.

I can tell he's put work into it (so damn smooth), and can't bash it, mainly because everyone who says they figured it out would probably be fooled in real life (or without the mention of the J.W. grip ;) )

But as a card magician (who deals with general sleight of hand, not much coin work) ...I won't be picking this one up.

If I were a coin magician, I would probably buy it just to hear Doug's thoughts on subtleties and the creation process(nothing short of genius I'm sure).

I guess it's back to the aronsons stack memorization...-sighs- i hate remembering things.

-Rik

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
;) I'm watching the same preview in high definition, full screen, frame by frame, and don't see a thing. A beautiful coin production - and something Doug has performed for real people, practiced, improved, and perfected over years. Word.

is that why you were in newyork with dan white in his late artist video thing?

Sep 1, 2007
It's all nice and visual and smooth and such, but really. If you have a basic knowledge about coin magic, then you could figure this out. I do, and I did on the first one. I think the problem is that it's almost too perfect, in the eyes of a spectator.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
So you wanted to learn it watching it framy by frame how unethical bayme? buy it xD hahaha xD just kidding :p I think that it was a really flawless performance, he didnt flash a thing, but maybe with 2 performances it was enough to blow everybodies brains :p

Nov 17, 2007
I know he didn't flash. But, the unnatural movements in the 3rd performence told me where the coin was throughout the production. But, like I said, it is still a very good move that I think with practice, can fool many laymen. =)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I agree if this is what theory11 cuts out to be theory11 artist,Idont know where its going.

Please do your research, Doug is not a Theory11 artist, it's obvious you haven't been here very long. If you want to criticise, that's fine, but try actually having a clue about what you're talking about...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results