Downloading Illegally

Do you download magic "DVDs" via torrents?

• I do so frequently

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • I have done it a few times

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • No, but I probably will in future

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Never.

Votes: 26 46.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there are similar topics already, but I wanted a poll.

Please be completely honest- when you do the ticking. And please do not ignore this poll, you can at least vote.

Do you steal your magic videos/books?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 17, 2008
i do sometimes, but i try to support sites i like. i still think that once you are into magic, learning should be free. its an art, and should be shared. my friends cant even understand why you would pay to learn magic, they think its a rip off.:D

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
hmmmm, I don't believe that learning should be free when it comes to magic... I don't see a problem getting a kid into magic, showing them some basics, but people work incredibly hard on the material they release.

The alternative is to create your own magic, then again, it's always good to have a nice amount of knowledge behind your creations! Then again, you could take the other stance and stay away from it all to create unique methods, etc...

Oh, and no I don't :p

D.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
No I dont. Its called stealing by the way.

I could rant about this all day but the bottom line is I want to encourage artists to
create so I support them.

If your creative enough to create your own methods then fine use those but dont steal somebody elses work.

I am highly against stealing magic effects.

People take time and effort to create them and make them perfect, then someone just downloads and abuses it all, I think it is rude and it shows that who ever does it does not appreciate the magician, nor magic, even art or performing.

Sep 17, 2008
i mean, lets be honest. its a matter of convenience too, there are no magic shops here, so online is a pain.

my friend tells me this
"i am a teenager in college. 5 days a week I bring home 20 dollars. you can't spend 25 percent or 50 percent of your funds to survive on magic" stealing or not, the ends justify the means.

i mean, lets be honest. its a matter of convenience too, there are no magic shops here, so online is a pain.

my friend tells me this
"i am a teenager in college. 5 days a week I bring home 20 dollars. you can't spend 25 percent or 50 percent of your funds to survive on magic" stealing or not, the ends justify the means.

I don't think not being able to afford something gives you the right to steal it..

Sep 1, 2007
England
I am completely against it.

However, I did once download a copy of a DVD I had already paid for because of a delay that meant I wouldn't get it before I went up on holiday.

Personally I think that's alright though if horribly impatient on my part.

Tom

D

Deleted member 2755

This poll shows that over half the community downloads magic illegally. Wonderful.

-Doug

I'm not going to lie but, I have downloaded magic illegally. When I first started out I found a website that will not be named and the impression I got from them is that it was the right thing to do. So, I did for a while then I realized that I'm taking advantage of the creators and I felt wrong for doing that.

I haven't downloaded magic for over a year and nor will I plan on doing it again. Unless I paid for it and get a passcode to download it through the online shops ;).

-RA69

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
This poll shows that over half the community downloads magic illegally. Wonderful.
Exactly. The keyword there being "illegally" - yes, it's a crime. I'm quite disturbed that this thread even exists. I think we can all agree this is definitely not furthering anyone's magic.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results