eXile by Mathieu Bich

Nov 5, 2007
This sounds like it turned out great. It is a wonderful idea and a fresh feeling illusion. I think I will have to buy it soon. Congrats on a great illusion and thank you to all of the people who are giving reviews. -Matt Sconce

Ummm......Exposure rules?

Not to be rude but, I do understand the exposure rules. I am a Mod after all.

And saying it comes with a pen exposes nothing to the method. I won't divulge further because giving reasoning would expose the method. There is more than just that in the eXile replacement package so, you cannot figure out how to do the effect by what I said above. :).

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007

And saying it comes with a pen exposes nothing to the method. I won't divulge further because giving reasoning would expose the method. There is more than just that in the eXile replacement package so, you cannot figure out how to do the effect by what I said above. :).

-RA69

Rebel is right. I still have absolutely no idea how it works. But thanks for telling me about the refills. It seems like a reasonable price.

Aug 17, 2008

-RA69

Sorry if my comment sounded rude....just thought it was close. But I understand what you mean, and apologize for any bullheadedness on my part.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Is there a part of this that is edited out or is the teaser the whole performance?

It seems like something was missing, but I could be wrong.

Its still pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I see what you mean now. I just got home and my package arrived. Watched the DVD a little bit ago and played with the gimmicks and I have to say, I'm not too sure about this one.

Three different props to juggle in the pockets/performance. It's a cool effect, just not sure how practical it is with pocket management taken into consideration. Especially considering one prop needs to be regularly carried in a ziploc bag, and another needs to be handled pretty darn gingerly during performance. I'll play around with this before I make any final decisions myself, and perhaps I'll end up changing my mind, but my initial reaction is that this isn't something I'm going to be using.

Also, the pen provided for drawing the X's doesn't show up anywhere near as clear and thick as it did on the Blaine special or the T11 trailer. The X is a lot thinner, and I'm having to really scribble with it back and forth just to get a half decent line.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't think it's impractical at all, but as with most gimmicks, I would probably only carry it around with me if I knew I was going to be performing it (as was the case, clearly, with David Blaine).

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
After playing with eXile a bit, I have to say that I have no issues with the pen at all.

One of the gimmicks takes some getting used to so you handle it correctly. But I think real world performance will determine the practicality of it. Very creative effect though!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results