Going to a School Dance

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
All jokes aside, Dannys last idea is brilliant...

Danny, can you pm me with the details? I have big hands, so no worries...
The idea with the prediction and the phone number is also a great one, but the question version off course.

Zamiel's Rose is a great trick for that occasion, with a little change of patter...

Peace

I've pmed you, I hope you enjoy it!

Jan 1, 2008
to be completely honest, i think im just gonna do snowstorm. cuz i'm only a freshman so itd be kinda lame for me to do something huge.

Mar 29, 2008
How much do you like this girl?

If you really like her, you could take a blank face deck - write names of all the guys in your school...have ONE card that has her name on it. Go up to her...and say, I wrote names of people I want to ask to the dance on these cards...but I am not sure who to take. If there are guys in your school with dual gender names like Robin or Morgan you could show a couple...but it's not required. Ask her for her help to randomly take a card to decide who you want to ask...force her name on her...then express how releaved you are that she picked her own name...because, in all honesty...she was always the only girl for you...LITERALLY...and show her that the rest of the cards were names of the guys in your school....if you are worried about the "you were considering going with a guy" concept - then you can write - "Stag" or "Stay home alone"...really, your imagination on what you write is up to you - and the girls personality on what she would find funny/cute.

You could PRODUCE a rose on top of that - that would clinch it.

Don't do snowstorm...really.

AND FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME - Listen to Katie when it comes to any advice on women...she happens to be a pretty and intelligent - and she has chops to boot - so if you listen to anyone that can help you - the women took time to give you a great tip.

In case you missed it - GO BIG OR GO HOME - what you are about to do is a good lesson in life and magic, as you are creating a memory for this girl - how do you want her to remember this in years to come? Make it hard for her to say no...blow her out of the water man...if you had a gun...would you shoot ONE bullet in a fight to the death...or ALL of them...don't use the fact you are freshman to only shoot one bullet...it's not lame - trust me...or Katie!

Good luck mate - I want to hear about how it turns out.

Mar 29, 2008
Another idea is to hit her so she doesn't see it coming.

Have three written predictions:

One says - 10 cards down - shuffle this many cards on top
Two says - It's in my pocket - or random location (can be a dup)
Three says - "Your girls name", will you go to the dance with me...oh, and your card was the 2 of Hearts".

Get them to read their predictions - one at a time - and play the trick out.

You can play this two ways - the old - FRIXION pen erase the letters from a sentence that predicts her card to leave the letters to spell - Be my date to the dance - or whatever.

Anyhow - there - you have a few more ideas...

I also was trying to come up with a way where you can get her to read "Your name", will you take me to the dance - then all you have to say is yes. It would be great if it were a competition where people had to read their predictions fast...and whoever did it the fastest won a prize (you - but they don't know that). You could pretend to time them.

Then on the first prediction you have have ATETOVKLBS - for 8 of clubs - she shoudl get it rather fast - good, because it will make the others try to be faster.

Second one - you could have - LUK-N-MIPAWQET - for Look in my pocket (the dup)

Third - you say go - "your girl" opens her prediction and reads fast - "you name" will you go to the dance with me. Then - just say yes - it's clever and cute.

Dude, I totally want to try these!!!! Wish I was in high school still...but without the zits and insecurities.

Mar 29, 2008
I think that idea was already presented...like on page 1...2..and 3...now 4 too! WICKED! Very original idea...because nothing says love like scaring the crap out of someone with fire...and giving them a dying plant, haha!

Aug 16, 2008
i live for magic
u could always do the old light the letters DANCE? on fire on her back lawn at night...cause u know they will always say yes to that -_-

MUHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Heckler

Banned
Nov 30, 2008
Ok so at my school every year there is winter ball and every one is saying that i should ask someone in a magic trick. Im thinking that i do Jay sankeys snowstorm, sept its gonna say "winter ball???" I dont wanna do the cheesy rose thing i wanna do something simple. IDEAS???

Please dont , it makes me feel nerdy even thinking about it. However if you are one allready then just execute Gregory Wilson's Hundy 500 or Prophet as you kids are calling it today.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Mentalism is THE way to go. Lock her in your gaze, look into each other's eyes for a good long while. It's absolutely haunting. It is ALSO a great way to "gauge" her. If she breaks into a fit of laughter as a result of this romantic (but very innocent) gesture, you know she's likely not into you. But if she startes intently back at you, there may be something there.

May 3, 2008
Mentalism is THE way to go. Lock her in your gaze, look into each other's eyes for a good long while. It's absolutely haunting. It is ALSO a great way to "gauge" her. If she breaks into a fit of laughter as a result of this romantic (but very innocent) gesture, you know she's likely not into you. But if she startes intently back at you, there may be something there.

Quoted for truth. that is the way i would do it. There's nothing sexier than a person that knows your thoughts, staring into your eyes. I think i did Stigmata, but on my palm and I had her hold my hand while looking into my eyes. I told her to concentrate and "feel the heat rising" and not to let go. Suggest the idea that you like her and want to be with her. I don't agree with all these revelations as I find them cheesy. My advice would be to suggest that you like her, be a man about it and just ask her out.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results