No flourishing at the dinner table.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
* Absolutly no-link-to-the-thread Alert*
What is it like to be home schooled? Where is the fun, the girls, the drama, the sport teams and the party?

like tyler said its not very fun, but i have no problem meeting girls because i went a a public school for a few moths and met plenty of people.
I get to get up late and finish early, its a win win. The school im associated with is a private school and next year i can play basketball for them even know im homeschooling, so im excited

Nov 10, 2007
I get told to put my cards away in class all the time, I stopped even thinking about taking them out because I am in 10th grade and I need to pul my GPA up to 3.5

I always hate being accused of 'gambling' when trying to show someone a trick at school.

Next time simply point out that in the rules it simply states no gambling or card games. And since you were doing neither that the rule doesn't apply to you. That is what I did and now I am free to use cards in school. I showed them the rules in the handbook and it said, I quote:

"Playing Cards: No Gambling or Card games such as poker, blackjack, etc. on school property."

Then the teachers realized that they were just generallizing the rule. Now, we're cool. If you don't want to do that then get a huge crowd to andthat way the teachers can't see you.

Sep 30, 2008
Some of my teachers let me have them out at times, while others flip out if they see even the card case!

Dec 7, 2007
New Zealand
Anyway, I been told heaps of times by my Mum to "Put the cards down and do something useful!". Also my cards have been banned from my brothers room. Thats about it.

:://manks

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
lol I got told by my civics teacher when we were doing a simulation of congress
"Represnetatives in the house don't play card games"
that was pretty good. I said they should, cause they probably get bored.
Substitute teachers hate them too. I always get threatened to have them taken away by them

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
Anyway, I been told heaps of times by my Mum to "Put the cards down and do something useful!". Also my cards have been banned from my brothers room. Thats about it.

:://manks

haha the only time my parents say anything about me having cards out, is at the dinner table, and when im throwing them at my siblings =D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results