Chair Vanish (with twist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was very cool but a couple things that bother me are your spelling, your Criss Angel like things, and there are no live performances.

I will not flame you like the other guys I will merely state why I think it needs to improve and then move on. I won't flame you, or diss you, or yell at you, or bash you, or rape y... I mean, argue with you.

1: SPELLING: It looks sort of unprofessional. My advice would be, before adding the description to Youtube. write down the title and description in Microsoft Word and spell check it. then just copy and paste the title and everything else. This will help a lot.

2: CRISS ANGEL-LIKE VIDEOS: This is a bit annoying. There is no need to do every illusion he has ever done. Mix it up. Malke some up. I mean make them look original. Don't just go I found another way to do it and it looks the same. I mean make it totally original. And also, the 'Continuous shot" is distracting. Say it once before the shot then get it out of there.

3: LIVE PERFORMANCES: Somehow I find it hard to believe that the camera man thinks it is pirating your own material. It sounds a bit far-fetched. Maybe not even a huge audiance for a video. But have say, 3 -5 kids come and watch. Film it that way, then nobody will be able to say anything about that. You have proof.

Couple more actually...

4: DON'T CALL THEM SEASONS: It is a bit annoying when there is one trick and that is considered one episode in a season. I would say that you should just call them like Chair Dissapearnce, Chain Thorugh Neck, or Fire On My Face. But that is just my personal pet peeve.

But other than those few things you keep me entertained and I like to watch the videos. so keep it up. don't argue with anyone here about it just keep making videos and maybe take some of my advice and others advice into mind when filming. bY taking others advice you'll find that you'll end up with a lot less problems.

Dylan P.

M

Mystifier1

It was very cool but a couple things that bother me are your spelling, your Criss Angel like things, and there are no live performances.

I will not flame you like the other guys I will merely state why I think it needs to improve and then move on. I won't flame you, or diss you, or yell at you, or bash you, or rape y... I mean, argue with you.

1: SPELLING: It looks sort of unprofessional. My advice would be, before adding the description to Youtube. write down the title and description in Microsoft Word and spell check it. then just copy and paste the title and everything else. This will help a lot.

2: CRISS ANGEL-LIKE VIDEOS: This is a bit annoying. There is no need to do every illusion he has ever done. Mix it up. Malke some up. I mean make them look original. Don't just go I found another way to do it and it looks the same. I mean make it totally original. And also, the 'Continuous shot" is distracting. Say it once before the shot then get it out of there.

3: LIVE PERFORMANCES: Somehow I find it hard to believe that the camera man thinks it is pirating your own material. It sounds a bit far-fetched. Maybe not even a huge audiance for a video. But have say, 3 -5 kids come and watch. Film it that way, then nobody will be able to say anything about that. You have proof.

Couple more actually...

4: DON'T CALL THEM SEASONS: It is a bit annoying when there is one trick and that is considered one episode in a season. I would say that you should just call them like Chair Dissapearnce, Chain Thorugh Neck, or Fire On My Face. But that is just my personal pet peeve.

But other than those few things you keep me entertained and I like to watch the videos. so keep it up. don't argue with anyone here about it just keep making videos and maybe take some of my advice and others advice into mind when filming. bY taking others advice you'll find that you'll end up with a lot less problems.

Dylan P.

Okay I understand...if you want to ask my stage partner then message him at
www.youtube.com/MagicmAKir

Mate that was completely ripped off from Criss Angel's Supernatural Special.

Also you didnt change the way I think about magic.

JDEN

Okay thats nice to know lol

Stage partner? You have never been on stage in your videos? - Just because it is Winter, does not mean there are no people to perform to. I would be more impressed if you were performing. Not camera trickery. I would appreciate it more. :)

Dec 14, 2007
I'm confused. Do you have a tv series, or is this just something you are "play pretending?" I don't understand this "season"/"episode" thing. Would you explain it?

Brad Henderson

M

Mystifier1

Stage partner? You have never been on stage in your videos? - Just because it is Winter, does not mean there are no people to perform to. I would be more impressed if you were performing. Not camera trickery. I would appreciate it more. :)

Did you not read anything I said earlier. Also if you thought anything I did was a camera trick then that means Im doing my job right.

Jul 10, 2008
Maybe you should clarify what you've said earlier, because I have re-read you're posts and I see no place where you have cleared up any of the discrepancies brought to your attention here. How can one be a "stage partner" if you've never shown anything being performed on... a stage. 2nd, how is filming your own show "pirating your own show"? People have asked for you to post videos of you performing in front of real live spectators and you say it's 10 degrees and you can't. First off, you guys performing in the video you posted in this thread are not performing in 10 degree weather, no way, no how. I watched in "HD" supposedly and saw no breath coming from either of you, you're sleeves are rolled up and he's in short sleeves yet neither of you are shivering? Sorry, not buying it. You have many videos, none of which have spectators. were they all filmed in 10 degree weather? The funny thing is though, with all this being brought to your attention you still will not accept that we have you figured out. You contradict yourself and refuse to accept any advice given to you to help you move forward, which is what I believe these forums are for. But this doesn't seem to be why you post here. Apparently all you want is praise, but when you don't receive praise you just dig a deeper hole for yourself alienating yourself amongst the ones that can and try to help you. But hey, Lamont, that's your choice. One last bit of advice I am willing to offer you and that's that I think you should hold off on your posts here until you are willing to move forward. Until then, keep posting on youtube where you can delete the posts you don't like to keep fooling yourself into thinking that everyone loves you.

Peace, John

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
Maybe you should clarify what you've said earlier, because I have re-read you're posts and I see no place where you have cleared up any of the discrepancies brought to your attention here. How can one be a "stage partner" if you've never shown anything being performed on... a stage. 2nd, how is filming your own show "pirating your own show"? People have asked for you to post videos of you performing in front of real live spectators and you say it's 10 degrees and you can't. First off, you guys performing in the video you posted in this thread are not performing in 10 degree weather, no way, no how. I watched in "HD" supposedly and saw no breath coming from either of you, you're sleeves are rolled up and he's in short sleeves yet neither of you are shivering? Sorry, not buying it. You have many videos, none of which have spectators. were they all filmed in 10 degree weather? The funny thing is though, with all this being brought to your attention you still will not accept that we have you figured out. You contradict yourself and refuse to accept any advice given to you to help you move forward, which is what I believe these forums are for. But this doesn't seem to be why you post here. Apparently all you want is praise, but when you don't receive praise you just dig a deeper hole for yourself alienating yourself amongst the ones that can and try to help you. But hey, Lamont, that's your choice. One last bit of advice I am willing to offer you and that's that I think you should hold off on your posts here until you are willing to move forward. Until then, keep posting on youtube where you can delete the posts you don't like to keep fooling yourself into thinking that everyone loves you.

Peace, John

wow, that is some skilled observation. i would not have bothered to look for the breath or shivering. and yeah, you just got called out mystifier1.

M

Mystifier1

Well jhon. We both have coats with us. Its our decision to not where them when we are actually filming. After all I dont want to look cold in the video.

I dont know why he doesn't want us to film our show and as I said before feel free to ask him at www.youtube.com/MagicmAkir

Now if he doesn't want us to film our show then we dont film it on stage ( which is not our stage. The stage is the place we are hired at. The only time we have access to it is the actual day of the shows). There is no one out side when it that cold outside.

Unfoutunally when illusions are performed for the camera, cardsmen like yourselfs will automactically asume that its a camera trick. The only negative comments I get are from this site and Lmt. I am from other forums and they do not "flame" or argue with me.

Each time I post a video someone messages me or post how they think its done( and normally you guys say its editing or cant be done live). The thing is though is that I honestly dont care how you think its done. Magic is not a guessing game and at the end of the day nothing would be accomplished becuase I hear ridiculas things on how you guys think it is done. Then when I deny thouse accusations all of a sudden im a lier. I performed it and I know what its weaknesses are.

Why cant you guys just tell me if you liked the video or not without all of the drama added on to it. Thats all I have ever ask you guys. There are only a few that will tell me if they liked or didn't like it. Then there is some who give there constructive critism. Then there is the majority who will always lash out at me. Those who are doing that are not hurting me in any way, but go ahead and keep questioning me as if I had to lie about somthing and you will still get the same responses.

I find it very funny how on this site and LMT takes nearly entire forum and make me seem like a lier and camera editer.

Its alway Me vs the Forum

Sep 2, 2007
I, for one, would say: I am not going to say that it's camera tricks. but I will say that I find it hard to believe otherwise when you don;t have a single video of you performing live, or on a stage. Second, Using Lance burton's voice, and Angel's intro music can get you in alot of trouble (Copyright etc.)

M

Mystifier1

Only the effect is copyrighted before I added the intro and music.

Jul 10, 2008
So you're saying, that with all the so called flaming you get from these sites, that you do perform on stage and get paid, yet you would rather continue to post videos of you performing in your backyard with no one around? If I were attempting to promote myself as you are, I know that I would film the stage performances over the ones that you choose to show us. As a matter of fact, if you would do that then you would get less flaming, I'm sure of it! As of right now, I believe nothing that you say. (Here you will probably say, "Then I am doing my job, as a magician is a deceiver" blah, blah)

Lamont, I stand by all of my comments and messages that I have ever sent to you. If you only want people to lie and tell you that you are "so wonderful, and amazing!", then you need to stay on the sites that allow you to edit the comments left for you. If you post here and ask for our honest opinions, my friend, that's what you will get. You have still not fixed any of your misspellings on any of your videos, that's professional. (ie. signed card THREW window, are you saying you threw the card through the window? That doesn't seem as magical as a signed card through a window) You won't even use the spell check on this site ( it's spelled John, not jhon) You still have yet to give credit to those you steal from, which is extremely disrespectful, unethical, and... I'm pretty sure it's illegal. (ie. copyright infringement... using Lance Burton's voice over, using Criss Angel's intro video and music) There isn't anyone outside when it's cold? So you're saying that every video you have filmed and posted on youtube has been in a cold, desolate environment.

I have never told you that you use camera tricks. In fact, I could care less if you did. Also, don't assume that I'm a cardsman. You will never see a flourish video from me. And of course you are a liar, see the thread in this forum. Lamont, I don't call anything I've seen posted about your videos on this site "flaming". I would call it constructive criticism, but hey you take it anyway you want. As I've stated before, if you want nothing but praise, then you probably shouldn't ask us. Because the majority of the magicians on this site are here to move our art forward and we will do so by helping those who want help. Given what you've said here, I don't think that this includes you. Come visit us again when you want to be honest, ethical, and to grow into a real performer, because we can only help you then. Until then, goodbye.

John

Jul 10, 2008

Is that the "poor man's copyright"? Or do you really have a copyright on it? Do you know copyright laws? Cause if you did, you should know that you violate these laws in almost every video you've posted. What's your publishing company's name? It's funny, most people think magicians achieve the impossible with smoke and mirrors, but you apparently only blow smoke.

John

M

Mystifier1

So you're saying, that with all the so called flaming you get from these sites, that you do perform on stage and get paid, yet you would rather continue to post videos of you performing in your backyard with no one around? If I were attempting to promote myself as you are, I know that I would film the stage performances over the ones that you choose to show us. As a matter of fact, if you would do that then you would get less flaming, I'm sure of it! As of right now, I believe nothing that you say. (Here you will probably say, "Then I am doing my job, as a magician is a deceiver" blah, blah)

Lamont, I stand by all of my comments and messages that I have ever sent to you. If you only want people to lie and tell you that you are "so wonderful, and amazing!", then you need to stay on the sites that allow you to edit the comments left for you. If you post here and ask for our honest opinions, my friend, that's what you will get. You have still not fixed any of your misspellings on any of your videos, that's professional. (ie. signed card THREW window, are you saying you threw the card through the window? That doesn't seem as magical as a signed card through a window) You won't even use the spell check on this site ( it's spelled John, not jhon) You still have yet to give credit to those you steal from, which is extremely disrespectful, unethical, and... I'm pretty sure it's illegal. (ie. copyright infringement... using Lance Burton's voice over, using Criss Angel's intro video and music) There isn't anyone outside when it's cold? So you're saying that every video you have filmed and posted on youtube has been in a cold, desolate environment.

I have never told you that you use camera tricks. In fact, I could care less if you did. Also, don't assume that I'm a cardsman. You will never see a flourish video from me. And of course you are a liar, see the thread in this forum. Lamont, I don't call anything I've seen posted about your videos on this site "flaming". I would call it constructive criticism, but hey you take it anyway you want. As I've stated before, if you want nothing but praise, then you probably shouldn't ask us. Because the majority of the magicians on this site are here to move our art forward and we will do so by helping those who want help. Given what you've said here, I don't think that this includes you. Come visit us again when you want to be honest, ethical, and to grow into a real performer, because we can only help you then. Until then, goodbye.

John

First- I have corrected my last errors. i did not correct the past because I would have to re upload it and im not about to do that.

Second- i dont care how you spell your name. That just goes to show you how much I dont care for you.

now im not the only one who has used that music. in fact there are hundreds of people who have used that same song. Other than the music everything else in the video is mine.

Jan 1, 2009
Poway, CA
Lamont, have you not been reading what has been given to you? The problem isn't that you spell things wrong, and its not that you break the copyright laws like everyone else (though I hardly see how that justifies your answer). If you really can do what you show in your videos then there should be no problem getting people in on it. Anywhere. The problem people here have is that you aren't convincing, and you choose to not respond to that, I have no problem with that. Others think otherwise

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
First- I have corrected my last errors. i did not correct the past because I would have to re upload it and im not about to do that.

So instead of putting out the best work you can, you instead choose to be lazy? Great show of your professionalism.

Second- i dont care how you spell your name. That just goes to show you how much I dont care for you.

Again, great show of your professionalism and respect for people trying to help you.

now im not the only one who has used that music. in fact there are hundreds of people who have used that same song.

Ya know, there are many people out there who walk around in public naked. That doesn't give me any more right to do it.

-ThrallMind

Jul 10, 2008
And because everyone else does it, well then that makes it ok for you as well. I repeat, ethics. Maybe in caps, ETHICS.

"Second- i dont care how you spell your name. That just goes to show you how much I dont care for you."

My intent is far from getting you to "care for" me, apparently you still have missed the point. If I were you I would be embarrassed by my ignorance, but then again ignorance is bliss.

Dec 14, 2007
Did you not read anything I said earlier. Also if you thought anything I did was a camera trick then that means Im doing my job right.

Actually, no.

It is the magician's responsibility to eliminate potential methods. If someone sees me do a card trick, and decides it can be accomplished with a palm, a pass and a top change - I have failed EVEN IF the trick is not accomplished with a palm, a pass or a top change.

And that is the error of Criss Angel's ways. While he swears he uses no camera tricks,the fact that is how the public perceives him is his damnation.

When the audience has an answer - a valid one - regardless of whether or not it is correct, you as the magician have failed.

I do not know what this means. You cannot copyright an effect.

Having said that - I have not seen your other work, but I think its great that you have taken on these projects and hope you learn a lot from the challenges which come from filming them. It would be a shame to loose the opportunity to challenge one's creativity by choosing to rely on something as mundane as camera trickery. I still don't understand the "season premiere" angle, though.

Brad Henderson

Jul 10, 2008
:Comments from Youtube:
-B3Illusions (4 days ago)
oh lol mb then xD
great job only sad thing is you should copyright yours and report stoveice for copyright infingement stoveice's one he used a cut
LamontMcGee (2 days ago)
Thanks...I talked to him about it and he removed the video from his channels-

This makes me laugh, yet screams hypocrisy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results