Chair Vanish (with twist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mystifier1

I normally perform things once with the exception of my teleport that I performed over to prove no editing. As far as this goes once is enough. Obviously there are no camera cuts and no camera editing. If theory 11 forums are the only ones that cant see that then oh well.

The music is fine. Youtube removes copyrighted audio and they didn't remove mine so until then I will keep the audio.

Thanks Justin

I normally perform things once with the exception of my teleport that I performed over to prove no editing. As far as this goes once is enough. Obviously there are no camera cuts and no camera editing. If theory 11 forums are the only ones that cant see that then oh well.

The music is fine. Youtube removes copyrighted audio and they didn't remove mine so until then I will keep the audio.

Thanks Justin

I'm not going to argue with you, even though I could, but I simply don't wanna start all this up again

I actually have no problem with the effect I was actually inspired by this thread to make the video I made a couple post back.

The copyright issue, everyone needs to get over it. It happens, big names use copyrighted music without permission. Although, most musicians if you just ask them and explain the situation they would be more than glad to let you use their music, in a youtube video.
Most of my video music uses that method.

Also some of you need to get over the fact magic should be performed in front of a live audience. Although I do believe magic should be seen live to get the full effect but some times it is very impossible to do so. Some magician, specificly megaillusionist do not perform there megaillusion infront of live audiences, yet it is still wonderful to watch.

Ps I also credit the musician at the end with either a picture or an actual title screen.
like Dr. Steel I had his picture in the end.

http://www.doctorsteel.com/

sorry I didn't mention it before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 10, 2008
Nexus,
I, myself, am a musician. I cherish my work and if someone wants to use my music I expect to be credited for it. Don't really care if I get paid for as it is not my full time career. The point that I am trying to make to Mystifier is simply to credit those that he, let's say "borrows" from. When ones does what he has done, which is use video, music, and other audio to promote his "series" without crediting the original creators, composers, or artists then that my friend is completely wrong. If this was something he did for fun that he showed to those close to him, I would say nothing. But this is not the case. He is presenting this show as completely his to the WORLD. It's funny though, he gives himself and his "stage partner" credit at the end, and he gets offended by people who "copy" his effect but perform it differently. This screams hypocrisy to me! As for asking the musicians to use their music... He could go that route. I guarantee that the musician, if the ok is given, will require him to credit them. Second, the musician is not the only owner of the copyright. The record company, who expects payment for anything and everything, needs to ok it's use as well, since they own part of the recording's copyright.

Mysifier, Youtube only removes so-called videos if the copyright holder demands that it be taken down. With that said, it still does not make it ethical for you to use it without permission, or credit, just because they don't know you've done so. That's like going through life with a "it's not wrong, unless you get caught" attitude. But, theft is theft, murder is murder, and getting something itchy from someone you just met is just plain wrong, so wrap it up. Fix the videos you've made, make sure everything is yours on the rest and we're cool (well, you need to spell check too!).

Bizzaro, With all due respect dude, this conversation has been going for quite awhile. Many threads ago, on his last video, these same issues were brought up. This forum is for learning and growing, yet he seems to ignore advice and only feeds on the praise.

John

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
Wow you guys are......Never mind words cant even describe it.

charming? witty? funny? take critisism better than you?

dude, you dont have a live show. admit it and move on with life.
your sleight of hand is pathetic and your videos may not be edited, but the effects therin cant be perfomed live.

you fail so much that failblog rejected you because your fail would create a giant blackhole of failure that cannot be stopped.

Feb 8, 2008
you fail so much that failblog rejected you because your fail would create a giant blackhole of failure that cannot be stopped.

Haha, my favorite response in this entire thread.

Seriously though, Mystifier, this is a straw-splitting argument that doesn't need to be continued just to waste people's time.

Just own up to it and be the bigger man.

Please.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Just own up to it and be the bigger man.

The truth is...there is no way to verify if he is indeed lying. No one can know unless you go there and watch him yourself.

...however, it may be cold outside and you might not want to see the show live.

The other truth is...this happens with every one of his new "episodes." He comes, posts asking for criticism or asking us to watch. He then goes and complains about anything that is not "OMGYOURESOAMAZING!" I've found there is no reason to complain about criticism unless you have something to hide.

It's happened so many times, that I am almost convinced he will not listen to your comment.

-ThrallMind

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
[/COLOR]
The truth is...there is no way to verify if he is indeed lying. No one can know unless you go there and watch him yourself.

The other truth is...this happens with every one of his new "episodes." He comes, posts asking for criticism or asking us to watch. He then goes and complains about anything that is not "OMGYOURESOAMAZING!" I've found there is no reason to complain about criticism unless you have something to hide.

It's happened so many times, that I am almost convinced he will not listen to your comment.

-ThrallMind

right we have to realize that he will always come up with an excuse be it true or not as to why he cannot give us a live performance. He just wants his ego to be fed as i'm sure most people on here want but, complaining that we dont think your the best is taking it a little too far.

M

Mystifier1

-ThrallMind

I just posted the video here. I dont ever recall asking for anyones opinion.

M

Mystifier1

Well I wasn't expecting this. This is the only video that I have posted that has gone on this long. Normally it only a few replys.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I just posted the video here. I dont ever recall asking for anyones opinion.

I didn't specifically say you did. I said asking for criticism OR asking us to watch. I'm very careful with my wording, bud.

Then why the heck would you post it? Were you expecting no replies?

Without trying to sound rude...ego boost and to be able to say "I fool magicians."

Or, possibly as his post originally stated, he just wanted to share what he did in hopes we would enjoy it for what it is.

-ThrallMind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results