Silver Morgan Dollar Shells

Mar 29, 2008
schoolcraft and todd lassen are the best you can get, they are pricey, but worth every penny. Coinone can also be perfromed with half dollars as well, tango and johnson make a cheaper shell, but it gets the job done.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Coin One and Coin Two can be done with Half dollars and I think E sells Kennedy's and also shells for the Kennedy's for like 30 bucks or so.

The reason Homer Liwag uses Morgan dollars is because well.. He can afford them and the size of the coins make the routine look a bit more visual. Also he has custom shells and Morgans. I think he mentioned that his coins were aged and made to look like that.

Jun 27, 2008
Illinois
can i get morgan coins (normal ones obviously) at the bank?

and how many shells are used in the coin one routine? i need to know before i order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The DBK
Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
can i get morgan coins (normal ones obviously) at the bank?

I don't think they sell Silver Dollars anymore. You MIGHT be able to get Half dollars but I am not sure on that. I do know you can get half dollars pretty cheap at most coin shops. But for Morgans they are like 50-100 bucks I think.

Mar 29, 2008
most likely no, your best bet would be to go to a coin collector type store, and ask for some morgans, depending on the condition of the coin will depend on the price. If that fails, try ebay or you might have to order a set from lassen or schoolcraft.

Sep 7, 2008
Tango is now making an Expanded Morgan Shell. Only 100 will be made. This is not to be confused with their Slippery Morgan Expanded Shell, which will not work for CoinOne. Johnson also makes a Morgan Expanded Shell HERE.

Morgan Dollars can not be found at banks. Coin shops usually carry nice Morgan coins from 17-30$ a piece.

The best Expanded Shells are made by Todd Lassen, followed by Jame Schoolcraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 29, 2008
Tango is now making an Expanded Morgan Shell. Only 100 will be made. This is not to be confused with their Slippery Morgan Expanded Shell, which will not work for CoinOne. Johnson also makes a Morgan Expanded Shell HERE.

Morgan Dollars can not be found at banks. Coin shops usually carry nice Morgan coins from &17-30$ a piece.

The best Expanded Shells are made by Todd Lassen, followed by Jame Schoolcraft.

I would like to add to this, the tango morgan is 130-150 dollars from the sites I saw, for that price just get a lassen or schoolcraft, and the johnson morgan has been out of stock for quite a while now.

Jun 27, 2008
Illinois
i see that schoolcraft sells a set of four coins and a shell. what is the size difference from a walking liberty to a morgan? not to sound like a broken reacord but how many shells are used in coin one? i am wondering if i could get one of those sets and be fine

you only need 1 set & if you can afford it - get the morgans they look good and you won't be disappointed.. it's an investment - these will last you a lifetime..

and i have to agree with randy - make sure you get the dvd.. Homer is obsessive about his production quality and his instruction is among the very best.. for that matter get the the set of both coinone & cointwo

Jun 27, 2008
Illinois
idk i want a large coin so the magic looks even more visual close up and can also be seen from a distance but i kind of like the barber halfs and the walking liberties because when you purchase sets they look more worn where as the morgans look brand new and that isnt really me (sorry if that sounds dumb). so does anyone know the size difference in those two coins in comparison to the morgans? if so that would be a tremendous (sp?) help!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results