Tllusion Tribute Video

Oct 24, 2007
Someone saw this right? It really gave me a great laugh.

http://tllusionmagic.com/Store.htm

Sorry, but i'm not a fan of the video, or the site. I'd say something else, but i'd only be repeating TJ. I think he hit the nail on the head.

*Hammer* *Hammer* Ha ha ha, just kidding.

Anyway, that is a crazy link B&WIllusionist. I designed some cards that didn't bare my name (unlike TIllusion, what kind of name is that?) and was actually a good design. I'm going to be getting them printed soon and I'm gonna sell them for $6.95 a deck. He's selling his for $30.00! That's just silly. The deck isn't even that good looking. Don't mean to bash, but that is just ridiculous. Peace!

Tyler

Oct 24, 2007
Once again...

"I'm sorry, but I would have to agree with everyone's assessment. The magic seemed beginnerish, as well as the flourishing. My guess is that you recently got into magic (by recently I mean in the past year) and that Criss Angel is the reason you got into magic. Now, if I'm wrong, I'll tell you why the impression I got from you was beginnerish.

First, if you say you have a "new realm of magic", you better have a new realm, which is quite, quite tough to do. Second, your magic and flourishing was beginner level. Third, you dress like Criss Angel and someone who has been a magician longer than a year would not do that.

Now, how do you fix the beginnerish? First, be humble with your pursuits. Instead of posting a video of yourself saying that it's amazing, post a video and ask for constructive criticism so that you can grow. Take the advice that is given, if it seems reasonable and is not a joke. Second, practice, practice, practice. Get some books (they are packed with magic) and learn some new stuff. Also, for flourishes, get the System, Trilogy or Dangerous. Also, practice those flourishes, because the flourishes in the video were slightly slow and choppy. Third, change your warddrobe. How did you dress before you saw Criss Angel? Dress like that, because that's how YOU, not someone else, really dresses.

Please don't take this as mean spirited or a bashing. I'm merely giving constructive criticism and I hope that you do not take it lightly. Peace!

Tyler"

Now, I'm out and hoping you'll actually read it this time TIllusion.

Sep 1, 2007
It looks like he put it together in Photoshop during lunch.

Gentlemen... what we have here is the Soulja Boy of magic.

Aug 18, 2008
This is by far one of the worst things ive ever seen. It would be almost worth it to buy all of your decks and destroy them so no one would ever have to see them again.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
This guy just seems to me like Briannationx and just what internet savvy people refer to as "trolls".
Just to spark a fight.
In neither of his threads has he written back or anything.
I say,ignore these because you guys will be wasting your time.
Back to the "real" magic.

*Hammer* *Hammer* Ha ha ha, just kidding.

Anyway, that is a crazy link B&WIllusionist. I designed some cards that didn't bare my name (unlike TIllusion, what kind of name is that?) and was actually a good design. I'm going to be getting them printed soon and I'm gonna sell them for $6.95 a deck. He's selling his for $30.00! That's just silly. The deck isn't even that good looking. Don't mean to bash, but that is just ridiculous. Peace!

Tyler

My problem was the $30 for what looks to be a crappy deck of cards. I've never seen a deck go for that much unless it's out of print. If you're serious about sellin your own deck of cards, let me know when you start sellin. I like to get a look.

It looks like he put it together in Photoshop during lunch.

Gentlemen... what we have here is the Soulja Boy of magic.

... That sent a shiver down may back right before I almost started to cry. That's just frightening is what that is.

Oct 23, 2007
Wow this not the best video but you are on your way. Go back in time forget criss angel and make it a good day and pick up Tarbell Vol.1.

Jul 10, 2008
Did Lamont McGee reinvent himself as a young white man? It's amazing how one can call themself a magician now days when the only tools that they have are a video camera, editing software, and a huge ego... rather than the skills to actually be a good magician. Please, kids, put down the camera and perform for people, in a few years come back and show us something. These stage style illusions being performed in your desolate yard or living room all scream "EDITED". And really, how serious do you think anyone, not to mention other magicians, will really take you when you make someone vanish from a chair in your yard? Magic is for the spectator. It's not performed soley for a camera and then posted on youtube because you hope that people will praise you and your Emo hair doo.

Did Lamont McGee reinvent himself as a young white man? It's amazing how one can call themself a magician now days when the only tools that they have are a video camera, editing software, and a huge ego... rather than the skills to actually be a good magician. Please, kids, put down the camera and perform for people, in a few years come back and show us something. These stage style illusions being performed in your desolate yard or living room all scream "EDITED". And really, how serious do you think anyone, not to mention other magicians, will really take you when you make someone vanish from a chair in your yard? Magic is for the spectator. It's not performed soley for a camera and then posted on youtube because you hope that people will praise you and your Emo hair doo.

Dude, nice. :D
Also check this out

Jul 10, 2008
I remember reading that a while back, and you're absolutely correct. A week after a product comes out we some one post a video of them performing it, or worse, asking in the battle section if someone wants to perform just that in the in the battle. I remember Doug posting, not too long ago, that he wanted to see the Battle system used for what it's intended for. He provoked a discussion that everyone seemed to be in line with, they wanted to see well practiced, well established, original routines performed by a magician. And although some have taken this advice in stride many have not, just take a look at the battle section and you'll see way too many faceless fella's performing for their webcam.

Sep 1, 2007
And although some have taken this advice in stride many have not, just take a look at the battle section and you'll see way too many faceless fella's performing for their webcam.

It's much easier to do that than to show an ounce of creativity or originality. On a whim, I'm going to go drop a hook in the battle section right now and see if anybody bites. Just for the hell of it.

EDIT: Done. Impress me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 28, 2009
I actually only just noticed the card design and the promo video of his '1337 skillz'.

Yeah. It's pretty laughable, but this is the YouTube generation. If he can put it out and people are willing to pay then I don't find the fact he's putting it out offensive, but the fact that people are willing to pay.

The kids 14 to be fair. If he stays at it for another 10 years, he'll probably develop into his own magician and be good. The problem is he's doing himself no favours by self publicizing at this primoridal stage of his development.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
He obviously had no direction when starting in magic.
He wrote himself that he was hooked into it by watching criss angel.
And since criss is exposed all the time for his camera tricks on the web (I.E. youtube)
It was only natural for him to jump onto the internet and look "up revealed magic tricks"
or criss's stuff.

He more than likely knows nothing on books of magic or who paul harris is..
Because there was no one to give him direction.
Shouldnt we try and save his soul instead of damn him?
In the end its his choice, however, to do what he likes.
If he refuses to learn from us then there is nothing we can do..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results