Interested in winning lots of magic?

I have a hell of a lot of magic effects and props to give away.

The reason is because my father (a magician also) has moved country, and he has given to me all of his effects he does not want. I have obviously kept the items I would like for myself.

However, there are a lot of effects which I am sure will come in use for others here. So instead of me selling it all, I thought it would be nice of me to give something to this community.

Who would be interested in winning some magic items? - If you can come up with ideas of how some of these items could be won. Please fire away ;)

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Um a history quiz maybe or a quiz of some sort?

Or even a little thing about yourself like Wayne did E.g what kind of magic you are into and a little bit about your influences and style?

thats all i have for now.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
A competition of some kind sounds good!
Something like having a magic and flourishing competition or something like that.
Or if you want to stay clear of the magic genre. How about a talent competition about something other than magic, im sure plenty of members here have talents outside of magic.

May 19, 2008
manchester
or what about the funniest, most outragest, strangest, wackiest story about something?

like the greatest liar competetion, it would be funny to read and you could be the judge.

how does that sound?

Oct 22, 2008
i think best reaction stories would do it. Like everyone writes their best reaction they ever got and the best one by far in your opinion wins! It's interesting and simple!

-Jake

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
sounds great. Youre very generous. Thanks you for that.
I dont think a reaction story or anecdote is good.
People who are good at creative writing can easily bs up something instead of giving something real.
Other than that, I think its okay either way.

Dec 30, 2008
Wow, thats very nice of you.
Maybe we could create something that has to do with the trick (using an artistic medium, i.e. painting, song, sculpture, ect...)

:)

Dec 30, 2008
wow that's really nice!

but I don't think you should give all the stuff to just one person, you should have 3 or 4 contests and give the winners a few good tricks, that way, there is a bigger chance of more people winning.

I think thats what he was going to do. Hold several contests for single items.

Oct 3, 2007
germany
Or, you can do it randomly. It's definetally the fairest way. For example, put the usernames of everyone who posts in this thread (or one specifically for that purpose) in a hat, mix them, and pull one out. Removes all argument from the situation. That's what I'd do :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results