Jerry's Nuggets Prices Announced

Sep 9, 2007
Lee Asher's 605 series deck will cost $9.99
(I'm trying to be a mentalist)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
I never understood why some people get so offended at what other people do with their money. How many people have you actually heard say Jerry Nugget's will make them a better card handler? Maybe they just like the cards...

May 3, 2008
No one ever said that "they feel like the cards of God" or "the best things I've ever held in my hand." They're cards, rare ones. You're putting words into people's mouths. Some people just like them and want to collect every deck that they find. By buying them for 50 bucks, they could easily resell them for 200 on ebay.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I think we can all agree to disagree here.

We can't change what all people think or want to do.
By someone saying "I'll never buy Jerry's because they're too expensive," is the same thing as saying "I'm going to buy Tally's from theory11 because they're cheap."

Either way, I still don't care what deck you want to buy. It doesn't contribute to magic in the forums in any way, shape, or form.

This thread should have honestly been locked as just an announcement for anyone who wanted to buy a pack.
Case closed.

May 31, 2008
I think we can all agree to disagree here.

We can't change what all people think or want to do.
By someone saying "I'll never buy Jerry's because they're too expensive," is the same thing as saying "I'm going to buy Tally's from theory11 because they're cheap."

Either way, I still don't care what deck you want to buy. It doesn't contribute to magic in the forums in any way, shape, or form.

This thread should have honestly been locked as just an announcement for anyone who wanted to buy a pack.
Case closed.

You're right, feel free to close this mods.

Apr 28, 2009
My first post

No one ever said that "they feel like the cards of God" or "the best things I've ever held in my hand." They're cards, rare ones. You're putting words into people's mouths. Some people just like them and want to collect every deck that they find. By buying them for 50 bucks, they could easily resell them for 200 on ebay.

In answer to your post:

Let me see now...you can buy them for $50 and sell them for $200 on ebay...... and you are wasting your time posting here????????? You should be buying them all and quadrupling your money. By the way a I have a bridge in Brooklyn that you may be interested in purchasing.

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008

Really? Just a couple of examples of the ridiculousness that people can come up with thanks to the hypno....errr I mean....magic of marketing. I'm sure we can find much more:

When you hold them in your hand they feel stiff. Especially when you do sybil. They're great for arials and just flourishes in general. They just feel sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. When you hold them, you'll look like this....:eek: and then when you own them, you'll look like this.....:cool:

They have a chemical finish that has now been banned due to enviornmental reasons. They also have extremly thick stock, so the more you use them , the stronger yourr hands get

They're not the bees knees,
they're the whole goddamn bee!!!

Those of us who have decks understand the hype :) they are AWESOME.

Some people say they're thin so they're great...some say they're thick so they're great. The reason for the inconsistencies is because people conjur up reasons in their mind to justify the value....because in the end they're just cards that are worth 50 cents.

If no one knew what Jerry Nuggets were and I posted the photos and told you guys that they're cards that I'm thinking of buying, I'm willing to bet any amount of money that 95% of people would say they were ugly.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Some people say they're thin so they're great...some say they're thick so they're great. The reason for the inconsistencies is because people conjur up reasons in their mind to justify the value....because in the end they're just cards that are worth 50 cents.
No, the reason some people say they are thick is because they don't have enough cards to compare them to. In reality they are extremely thin, and some people perfer that. The same reason why some people think thick cards are good. If this is the result of marketing, who's marketing Jerry's? Most of them are sold on ebay.

And I'm assuming the people that like ellusionist decks for their thickness are really just reciting lines they were hypnotized to say from E's trailers...
If no one knew what Jerry Nuggets were and I posted the photos and told you guys that they're cards that I'm thinking of buying, I'm willing to bet any amount of money that 95% of people would say they were ugly.
It sure as hell is easy to hypothesize, although it's not as easy to back up what you're saying with an actual poll...

You still haven't shown me an example of someone who thinks Jerry's make them a better card handler...

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
You still haven't shown me an example of someone who thinks Jerry's make them a better card handler...

Are you new to the boards? Have you not read the insanity on these cards before and all the claims of how they feel better and handle better?

So are you honestly going to say they're worth $50?

As far as a poll goes...you can't do a poll now that "Jerrys" are "OMG Jerrys!" now can you? Face it..they're butt ugly cards...but people think they're "classy" because of the hype.

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
Oh, and a brick of Lee Asher's cards will cost $90.00 (yeah, mentalism again)

Those Lee Asher cards sound as if they are very high quality and I don't believe Lee would release anything less. But man...those cards are pretty ugly...that's unfortunate.

Jan 28, 2009
I agree, I'm sure they handle great, but damn....and I mean damn. They look like someone lifted the design from a blind man's 18th century curtains.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Are you new to the boards? Have you not read the insanity on these cards before and all the claims of how they feel better and handle better?
There's a huge difference between liking the way cards handle and thinking that the cards make you better...
So are you honestly going to say they're worth $50?
If the person buying them thinks they're worth $50, then yes I do.
As far as a poll goes...you can't do a poll now that "Jerrys" are "OMG Jerrys!" now can you?
Then you shouldn't be backing up your argument with the "fact" 95% of people would find Jerry Nugget's ugly, now should you?
Face it..they're butt ugly cards...but people think they're "classy" because of the hype.
According to who, you? Please tone down the delusions of grandure.

Apr 1, 2008
for those dollars I can buy me some black Spiders, Accro both colors, Both Carnivale decks (the black ones are sweet as hell!!) and even more..Probably almost every deck I want in every color for 1 deck of Jerry's if I'm lucky

edit: and Leon's !

Jan 28, 2009
There's a huge difference between liking the way cards handle and thinking that the cards make you better...

If the person buying them thinks they're worth $50, then yes I do.

Then you shouldn't be backing up your argument with the "fact" 95% of people would find Jerry Nugget's ugly, now should you?

According to who, you? Please tone down the delusions of grandure.

The fact is these are over hyped cards. I own a few decks, and they're cards, lol. If you're not buying them to sell them to other marks that believe the hype for ridiculous inflation in price then you're buying them for the wrong reason imo.

And for the record he did post a quote from a thread where someone claimed they made him a better at cardistry.

And this idea, if someone thinks something is worth something then its intrinsically worth it is exaclty the kind of mark boy mentality that these scams play on. In fact its the basis of every con in existance, what someone perceives something to be worth being the basis of the price. I don't mind though, when I get round to selling mine, I'm definately going to take advantage of exactly that kind of stupidity, but I won't do so believing I'm giving true value for moey. The hype for these cards has been designed to promote value for those that have them at the expense of those that don't, who believe they are getting a good deal, when in fact.....they're not. If trends in card price say anything its that prices of cards only inflate so far before they level based on the number of decks in circulation, a trend that's been in existance with Nuggets for a while, so bottom line is, the world is running out of marks to sell these cards to. There are a LOT of these decks available and you can get spectacularly rarer decks for less, that will be worth significantly MORE in the future. White cents being a prime example. You can still pick up a deck of them for less than 150, and they only printed 1100 of them, and when Theory 11 has inevitably gone bust, or blown up (it'll do one or the other) they'll become worth even more again.

And Jerry's are ugly as ****, lol, period. Their real value, isn't how they look, or handle, its to the collector as cards that are no longer in production.

As I said, your attitude is great for me, but its sad that people have it. All Baller is doing is pointing out that these cards are a rip off, and you can't criticize him for having an opinion, when your opinion to the contrary is based even less on fact and more on subjective ideas that are floating around in your head.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results