A deck of cards - Hard to get?

Hey guys what's up!:D

So anyway, yesterday I asked my dad if I could go to Walmart, to get something. He said yeah, and so later that evening my whole family went to go to a diner to eat. On the ride their my dad asked what I was going to get, then my mom said something about me and my cards. My dad asked if I was going to get cards and I said yes. He said that I couldn't get cards but I could get anything else my heart desired to put it that way:p. He was going to pay for the cost to let you guys fill in on that. So I said that I didn't want to go to Walmart anymore. Isn't it kind of funny how my dad said that I could get anything but cards? Cards aren't even that much compared to electronics and stuff. He says I spend to much time with cards.

Have your parents ever done this to you?

Jan 5, 2009
Small town Ohio
Haha, awh, that sucks!
My parents just make fun of me really whenever I get new cards. They don't/can't refuse me of getting them cause I'm 18. But every now and then I'll ask my mom to take me to Sam's Club because she has a membership there and I don't, and she automatically knows it's because I want a brick of bikes. She just pokes fun at me for it, lol.
:]

Oct 21, 2007
yes, my parents have done the same when I started cardistry because back then I was litteraly addicted, and I don't blame them. I'm sure alot of you can relate, but honestly if someone tells you're over doing something you probably are.

Feb 24, 2009
should of taken advantage of it and asked to get their best t.v. chances are he'll either say to bad or just get the damn cards

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York
my parents yell at me for getting anything magic related....thats why i get debit cards and dont tell them ;)

edit: also...you soo should of taken advantage of that and like asked for an iPod or something

Sep 2, 2007
Their probably afraid you of gambling and such, just a theory. But ya, you should've made your dad pay through the nose

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
yea my dad try to play it off like he dont wanna buy em so he usually bets stuff lik e ex. i bet you cant do sybilism and illl give you 2 trys lol stuff like that ...so yea now im gettin a brick of massas cuhz we always do crap like that

yea my dad try to play it off like he dont wanna buy em so he usually bets stuff lik e ex. i bet you cant do sybilism and illl give you 2 trys lol stuff like that ...so yea now im gettin a brick of massas cuhz we always do crap like that

Wait, I'm kind of confused. So your dad interacts with your flourishes? Wow, I bet your the only kid whos dad interacts with your flourishes and knows the name of a flourish.

Mar 2, 2008
I say just buy them yourself. Bikes are only a couple of dollars anyways. Plus it makes it alot easier on your parents.

Also my mom and dad understand how much i pratice and how quick i go through a deck so they don't have a big problem about it.

May 3, 2008
Wtf. Your parents are cool.

Jan 18, 2009
Maryland
Me too bro! I hate it when that happens. My dad encourages it and my mom basically puts me down.:( I dont think she wants me to become a magician. I have good reasons to back it up.

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
Me too bro! I hate it when that happens. My dad encourages it and my mom basically puts me down.:( I dont think she wants me to become a magician. I have good reasons to back it up.

same here bro my mom straight up like enjoys to put me down...then i do then i do the clip shift and shes like wat in the hellll then i giggle like a lil asian school girl

May 3, 2008
same here bro my mom straight up like enjoys to put me down...then i do then i do the clip shift and shes like wat in the hellll then i giggle like a lil asian school girl
My family is like that. They put you down because they think you'll suck, and when you get good they don't care anymore because they see it's paying off. My parents live with it because I buy my own cards and I always have a deck in my hands so they don't bother convincing me. Basically, your parents may not like it, but deep down they want you to succeed if you're going to continue.

Hey..that's so racist of you.....hahahah
anyway...

My parents hate it when I go around places (ie. malls and gyms) and I get a deck of cards and perform. People might think I am weird or some sort. They also discouraged me from buying cards, but instead, save it. I don't blame them for that. She keeps yelling at me when she sees unopened decks.

Hey guys what's up!:D

So anyway, yesterday I asked my dad if I could go to Walmart, to get something. He said yeah, and so later that evening my whole family went to go to a diner to eat. On the ride their my dad asked what I was going to get, then my mom said something about me and my cards. My dad asked if I was going to get cards and I said yes. He said that I couldn't get cards but I could get anything else my heart desired to put it that way:p. He was going to pay for the cost to let you guys fill in on that. So I said that I didn't want to go to Walmart anymore. Isn't it kind of funny how my dad said that I could get anything but cards? Cards aren't even that much compared to electronics and stuff. He says I spend to much time with cards.

Have your parents ever done this to you?

Offer to play him a simple game of black jack. Higher hand wins. Cheat.

End of story.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results