A deck of cards - Hard to get?

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
Both of my parents are very supportive of me being a magician. I have been in a similar situation MANY times before. I im guessing that you already have a fair amount of cards lying around your house. Well in my case my parents think I have nuff cards already and I dont really need that much more.

Mar 15, 2009
Minnesota
Ah, this happens to me all of the time.

I think mainly for my parents, its just the clutter that builds up in my "workspace" (which is used for practicing card tricks, flourishes, and doing homework). In their opinion, it is a wreck; but to me, it is perfect - I know where everything is and I can get my work done the most efficiently if my desk is as I like it.

My parents have denied me access to cards multiple times, under the guise of, "Seriously, Ian. Don't you have enough of these?" Now, it is true that I have lots of cards, as I'm sure many of you here do. But what my parents don't understand is that at least 75% of those decks are gimmicked, and at least 10% are limited edition (or rare) cards. That leaves only about 15% of all of my cards that I can openly work with, and while that is a lot of cards, I can ruin a deck insanely fast. After I destroy a deck, when it is no longer good for flourishes or tricks, I gimmick it, and buy a replacement for it; therefore an endless cycle.

Copperfield 14:

This is completely unrelated to the subject at hand, however after reading your signature, I have to point this out.

Starting a "good by" thread isn't something to brag about. Those threads scream "give me attention" which no one really pays attention to anyways.

Just some food for thought.

Oh wow. Judging by your response I think that they made a right choice in not buying you any cards. I'm guessing they thought you were getting too addicted to your cards, and it looks like they were right. If my parents gave me the option of getting anything my heart desired from walmart then I would have gone and bought myself an ipod touch:D

You make it seem that liking a deck of cards is bad.

haha same thing happens to me all the time..i went to wallgreens once nd i saw that 'rare' black bicycle deck nd my mom is like"u have enough cards lets go"lol...but she eventually let me get a pack of bees :pmy first pak of them too...hahah srry for randomness

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Years ago I used to be crazy on buying decks of cards ever since the internet warped my mind into thinking I need to collect them or buy a crap load of cards to be like the cool kids on the forums...now I have used the same deck of bicycle guardians for over two years and they still work perfectly.

Years ago I used to be crazy on buying decks of cards ever since the internet warped my mind into thinking I need to collect them or buy a crap load of cards to be like the cool kids on the forums...now I have used the same deck of bicycle guardians for over two years and they still work perfectly.

WHOA, What are you're hands made of, fanning powder!

Also, do you guys know if Barnes and Nobles sells nice affordable playing cards?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
You make it seem that liking a deck of cards is bad.

liking them isnt that bad, getting obssesed with them is the real problem, and I am not saying that you are, but maybe in your parents eyes you are... there was a reason behind what they told you, they arent going to tell you that just because they want to sabbotage your magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results