A Miracle - Not Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everyone a miracle has happened to me and I am about to share it to you. This happened today. I know this post seems fairly large but read it, you won't regret it.

I came home from school pumped for the Memorial Weekend, I came home on the bus stop realizing that I did not have my keys which I left at home. I ran quickly to my house because I wanted to make sure that I could get in the home. I ran to the front door and tried to twist the doorknob. *twist* *twist*....but it was locked. I realized that I had an electronic device to open the garage, but the only thing was that it was old and sometimets could not open the garage. I spent the next 10 minutes pushing the button and then hoping that the garage door would open. It didn't. So, I proceeded by going in the backyard and getting a ladder.

I got a ladder and climbed up to the rooftop of my house. I was afraid that I might have dropped and slipped any second. I made it to the roof of the house and tried to open my window. It didn't budge, the addrenalane was rushing in my body, I could feel my legs shiver and shake. I did not know how I could get down becuase I accounted that the window would open. I went back to the ladder, now above it. I stopped and looked down. I had placed the ladder at to steep of an angle that I could not get down. I made a decision to jump of the roof. My legs were shaking not knowing what was going to happen next my legs jumped with partial consent of my brain. I landed on the grass saying *ouch* *ouch* *ouch* and my butt and feet hurt. I laid on the ground constintley moving holding my head. All my body hurt, especially my feet. I did this for the next 5 or so minutes hoping that I had not injured my self or broken a bone.

I got up miraceoulsy only with my feet and butt hurting a little bit. I proceeded half hopping and half walking because my feet hurt. I went back to try the electronic device to try to open my garage. Again, it did not work. I then spent another 5 minutes trying to open the garage door with the device. Then, I thought that I could ask my friend if he could help me get my door open. I went to his house and he said he didn't know what I should do. I left his house and began to try to open the window from my kitchen (on the 1st level). It did not budge either. My house was burglar proof I had realized at this point. Nothing would open, nothing would budge and nothing could get me inside of my own house.

I tried again to open my garage door. Spending the next 10 or so minutes trying to open the garage door. I tried from all different angles but it did not work. I tried different positions hoping that the garage would open; from the porch, the driveway, the lawn and in front of the garage. It did not open. I thought and pressed the button again.

This time, miraceoulsly the garage door opened. I find it funny that I jumped off the roof to try to get in and what got me in my house was the electronic device itself.

I feel gracious and thank God that I am alive. For things could have turned for the worse. An Angel came down and helped me to jump off of the roof. This is a true miracle, magic does not exist. Miracles do, so I walk away from this feeling thankful for the Lord.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 13, 2008
This happened to one of my professors...he was locked out of the house with his young kids. They went on an "adventure" around the house, pretending to be spies or whatever (so the kids wouldn't get scared). Apparently he was able to open his garage door with a butter knife, without wrecking it. He's now wondering what he should do about the garage...since it's so easy to get into it. ;)

Next time you're in that situation, though, instead of taking risks by going up onto the roof, the sensible thing to do is call a locksmith (if all else fails).

This happened to one of my professors...he was locked out of the house with his young kids. They went on an "adventure" around the house, pretending to be spies or whatever (so the kids wouldn't get scared). Apparently he was able to open his garage door with a butter knife, without wrecking it. He's now wondering what he should do about the garage...since it's so easy to get into it. ;)

Next time you're in that situation, though, instead of taking risks by going up onto the roof, the sensible thing to do is call a locksmith (if all else fails).

Yeah, I went on the roof to open the window. I thought this would work but I guess it didn't.

Jan 13, 2008
Yeah, I went on the roof to open the window. I thought this would work but I guess it didn't.
Yeah, I realized...I meant, going onto the roof in the first place, for any reason (unless you're redoing the shingles, heh), is not the smartest thing to do. If you have to resort to that when you're locked out, it tends to be a good time to consider a locksmith.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't call it a miracle.

Agreed, the dictionary defines a miracle as: "An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God."

This is quite explicable because the device that opens the garage might take a few tries to open, or maybe where you are standing in relation to the garage makes a difference, yet you didn't notice this because you were still hyped up from jumping off a roof (which is pretty sweet by the way :D)!

Sorry, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

Glad you're still up and running!

Best,

-Sanj

Agreed, the dictionary defines a miracle as: "An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God."

This is quite explicable because the device that opens the garage might take a few tries to open, or maybe where you are standing in relation to the garage makes a difference, yet you didn't notice this because you were still hyped up from jumping off a roof (which is pretty sweet by the way :D)!

Sorry, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

Glad you're still up and running!

Best,

-Sanj

Thanks,:D yeah it's pretty much based on opinion.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
LOL, cool story, but why a miracle?

You climbed up on your roof without thinking about it and had to jump off because you plan failed. You survived. This has nothing to do with a miracle. Just pure superstition with intend to find proof of god and angels.

I thought there were more atheists among magicians. Where are all the rational thinkers? There probably aren't miracles, sorry.

LOL, cool story, but why a miracle?

You climbed up on your roof without thinking about it and had to jump off because you plan failed. You survived. This has nothing to do with a miracle. Just pure superstition with intend to find proof of god and angels.

I thought there were more atheists among magicians. Where are all the rational thinkers? There probably aren't miracles, sorry.

Don't always think of calculations, equations, formulas and such. Sometimes these things will kill your thinking, my math teacher says this one guy drove himself crazy trying to find the difference of .9(repitend) and 1.:D

Mar 12, 2009
This has nothing to do with a miracle. Just pure superstition with intend to find proof of god and angels.

Couldn't have said it better. Qouted for so much truth it hurts..

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I used to jump from my house rooftop when I was ten and Ive never broke anything either.Granted,it would hurt sometimes like it did you. I dont call this a miracle.
I have seen and heard pretty miraculous things throughout my days,this isnt one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results