A Miracle - Not Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2008
CA
I agree that going on to your roof was a pretty foolish thing to do. Good to hear you're alright though. Hopefully you learned a lesson.

Lets keep religion out of this. Last time we had a religion thread, it exploded into 300 pages of flame.

Hello, everyone a miracle has happened to me and I am about to share it to you. This happened today. I know this post seems fairly large but read it, you won't regret it.

I came home from school pumped for the Memorial Weekend, I came home on the bus stop realizing that I did not have my keys which I left at home. I ran quickly to my house because I wanted to make sure that I could get in the home. I ran to the front door and tried to twist the doorknob. *twist* *twist*....but it was locked. I realized that I had an electronic device to open the garage, but the only thing was that it was old and sometimets could not open the garage. I spent the next 10 minutes pushing the button and then hoping that the garage door would open. It didn't. So, I proceeded by going in the backyard and getting a ladder.

I got a ladder and climbed up to the rooftop of my house. I was afraid that I might have dropped and slipped any second. I made it to the roof of the house and tried to open my window. It didn't budge, the addrenalane was rushing in my body, I could feel my legs shiver and shake. I did not know how I could get down becuase I accounted that the window would open. I went back to the ladder, now above it. I stopped and looked down. I had placed the ladder at to steep of an angle that I could not get down. I made a decision to jump of the roof. My legs were shaking not knowing what was going to happen next my legs jumped with partial consent of my brain. I landed on the grass saying *ouch* *ouch* *ouch* and my butt and feet hurt. I laid on the ground constintley moving holding my head. All my body hurt, especially my feet. I did this for the next 5 or so minutes hoping that I had not injured my self or broken a bone.

I got up miraceoulsy only with my feet and butt hurting a little bit. I proceeded half hopping and half walking because my feet hurt. I went back to try the electronic device to try to open my garage. Again, it did not work. I then spent another 5 minutes trying to open the garage door with the device. Then, I thought that I could ask my friend if he could help me get my door open. I went to his house and he said he didn't know what I should do. I left his house and began to try to open the window from my kitchen (on the 1st level). It did not budge either. My house was burglar proof I had realized at this point. Nothing would open, nothing would budge and nothing could get me inside of my own house.

I tried again to open my garage door. Spending the next 10 or so minutes trying to open the garage door. I tried from all different angles but it did not work. I tried different positions hoping that the garage would open; from the porch, the driveway, the lawn and in front of the garage. It did not open. I thought and pressed the button again.

This time, miraceoulsly the garage door opened. I find it funny that I jumped off the roof to try to get in and what got me in my house was the electronic device itself.

I feel gracious and thank God that I am alive. For things could have turned for the worse. An Angel came down and helped me to jump off of the roof. This is a true miracle, magic does not exist. Miracles do, so I walk away from this feeling thankful for the Lord.
i am glad for you...yes you should be thanking God, handsdown...however since you did jump off the roof....i've heard about this type of injury a lot....trust me...go to a doc and get your back checked...it may not hurt now....but in the future it could become a problem....just see is one of your vertebre's hurt...my athletes and dardevils get this alot....

if you are clean then... its a bigger Miracle than you think....

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Don't always think of calculations, equations, formulas and such. Sometimes these things will kill your thinking, my math teacher says this one guy drove himself crazy trying to find the difference of .9(repitend) and 1.:D

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to drive myself crazy trying to solve a math problem. That would be over thinking. What you are doing is under thinking. What I'm doing is thinking.

I've jumped off many roofs, I just know how to land properly without getting hurt. If you've never done it before, then sure, your had a higher probability of getting hurt, but you're okay, even if it seems to be against the odds. Wouldn't you agree that this is a much more logical explanation?

I don't mean to offend you or anything, I just think you're being irrational and jumping to irrelevant explanations. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Sure, it might be harmless if you believe that this story is evidence of a miracle, but on a larger scale, it could be harmful to exercise that kind of non-thinking regularly.

i am glad for you...yes you should be thanking God, handsdown...however since you did jump off the roof....i've heard about this type of injury a lot....trust me...go to a doc and get your back checked...it may not hurt now....but in the future it could become a problem....just see is one of your vertebre's hurt...my athletes and dardevils get this alot....

if you are clean then... its a bigger Miracle than you think....

Yeah, I will though I landed on my feet. I heard that you have to push the impact down and spread it out toward the ground. Evidently, I did not and it made my feet hurt alot.

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
Glad you're okay, but do go to a doc. (not a chiropractic....a doctor....) because you might have hurt yourself and not know it yet.

But......

You got lucky. There's no such thing as miracles. There's such a thing as random chance operating in your favor. No offense meant, but seriously, that's all it was.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Glad you're okay, but do go to a doc. (not a chiropractic....a doctor....) because you might have hurt yourself and not know it yet.

But......

You got lucky. There's no such thing as miracles. There's such a thing as random chance operating in your favor. No offense meant, but seriously, that's all it was.

Well there ARE miracles in the world. Just this is really one of them. It's not like he fell into a wood chipper and the machine instantly stopped. He was simply locked out of his garage from what I can tell.

Well there ARE miracles in the world. Just this is really one of them. It's not like he fell into a wood chipper and the machine instantly stopped. He was simply locked out of his garage from what I can tell.
i'm not sure but i think the miracle is he's ok....a young kid didn't know what he was doing and jumped off a house...and without major injury....sounds like one to me...

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
i'm not sure but i think the miracle is he's ok....a young kid didn't know what he was doing and jumped off a house...and without major injury....sounds like one to me...

Nah, just dumb luck. I don't know how big the house was. But if was the a single story condo, the worst case would be a sprained ankle and maybe that's it. There are a lot of kids who do crap like that in the "Backyard Wrestling" type things and they suffer worse injuries than anybody.

Sep 20, 2008
Tbh, i wouldve jumped off the 2nd story if all my mates were frickin wrestling on the grass down below. That wouldve been an awesome Jump. (Screw the consequences. You only live once.)

D

Deleted member 2755

Interesting story.:p Thanks for sharing. I think that everyone has gotten a good look at this by now. Since it's off topic, I'll go ahead and lock it.

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results