Mechanics grip battle?

Sep 22, 2007
Using a system ostensibly designed to help people improve for your own childish masturbation is pointless. .

Woah woah :p

"And I don't see why they should apologize to you for that"

Well I didn't say that anyone should apologize to me. :O

Anyway, this whole debacle is pointless. :D

P.S I voted for Matthartz :D

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Battling another magician just to see who it's best? even without the position chart, things would be still be the same, people just showing off skills and people making really mediocre videos just because they don't have a social life.

I was thinking that young magicians would get exposed to how magic is suppose to be performed by watching some of these experienced performance videos and would get the encouragement to want to perfect their skills.

Think about it, most performances beginners see is one that is trying to sell them something. (And not even a full performance at that)
Maybe these guys need to see more people do real battles and perform for real people(as you did) to improve the quality of the battle system.

The system was meant to improve performance, we just need to set a path.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I was thinking that young magicians would get exposed to how magic is suppose to be performed by watching some of these experienced performance videos and would get the encouragement to want to perfect their skills.

Think about it, most performances beginners see is one that is trying to sell them something. (And not even a full performance at that)
Maybe these guys need to see more people do real battles and perform for real people(as you did) to improve the quality of the battle system.

The system was meant to improve performance, we just need to set a path.

Let's set it then, I already tried something, didn't work, I'm open for suggestions. Let's work something toguether out shall we? Thank you for actually taking interest.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Let's set it then, I already tried something, didn't work, I'm open for suggestions. Let's work something toguether out shall we? Thank you for actually taking interest.

Lets face it, we need a lot of people who are creative to help out. We need people that get the message though, not just people who want to participate.

Either that or you and I are going to be doing a lot of battling with each other.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
oh come on, you can't really say it's dying

jaspas and vincent dark have both expressed interest in battles, which, if they participate, should raise the standard of battles.

Sep 1, 2007
Woah woah :p

"And I don't see why they should apologize to you for that"

Well I didn't say that anyone should apologize to me. :O

Anyway, this whole debacle is pointless. :D

You were expecting me to pull a punch?

oh come on, you can't really say it's dying

jaspas and vincent dark have both expressed interest in battles, which, if they participate, should raise the standard of battles.

Numerous attempts have been made to raise the standards, but they go largely ignored by the masses.

I'm beginning to believe that the idea of better performances raising standards all around is a logical fallacy. A lot of the people using this system see it as a perfect substitute for having to do anything that expands their comfort zone. Now they never have to perform for real people and they can still engage in a dick measuring contest with other magicians. I don't think better performance videos are going to cure that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results