The most effective color change...

Aug 18, 2008
Erdsnase or shapeshifter are the best bet.
You really dont need a ton of color changes.
I have been performing magic for many years and have done a lot of gigs specifically for card magic.
The only color change I use in my performances are those two and a variation of the ego/cardini/whatever
I am familiar with a lot, but those three accomplish everything I need

*To specifically answer your question, the shapeshifter change starts clean and ends clean and there are no bad angles really, also, it looks bomb diggidy

Sep 20, 2008
It helps knowing a few colour changes, but the ones that i consistently use is the shake change. For messing around in general, Color+Duck change looks awesome, Db sping change looks cool, and the Jack carpenter shake change. I found it better than doing Goat change.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
I dont see the point, its more difficult, is less angle proof, and is not nearly as consistent no matter how much you practice.

You obviously haven't learnt the duck change.
There is one weak angle, which can be easily fixed, and i'd prefer to have that weak angle rather than the discrepancy of the corners changing in the shapeshifter. And I can land my duck change 100%. You just have to practice, which apparently a lot of the forum members have a problem with.

Peace.

You obviously haven't learnt the duck change.
There is one weak angle, which can be easily fixed, and i'd prefer to have that weak angle rather than the discrepancy of the corners changing in the shapeshifter. And I can land my duck change 100%. You just have to practice, which apparently a lot of the forum members have a problem with.

Peace.

i love you.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
The most practical color changes imo are:

Erdnase Classic color change
Shapeshifter by Marc Desouza
Cardini Change
Winter Change by John Cornelius

I personally use the Shapeshifter and Winter Change quite often when performing. Winter Change is more difficult than the Erdnase, however I use it because I find that quite a few laymen's know how the erdnase is done. Thank you very much youtube =D

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Double lift. it certainly fits all your criteria and you can probably already do it!

Simple is best

Rev

You beat me to it. It's angle proof (assuming someone isn't directly beneath you looking at the card as you remove it from the deck. It can happen in your hands or the spectator's, and can happen whenever you want. What more would you want?
The top change is also good. The only advantage is that, if done properly, people don't even remember it being near the deck. However there is a 'move' that, if not correctly misdirected, the audience could, theoretically, spot.

Sep 1, 2007
Shapeshifter, IMO, is way to obvious, no matter how well you can do it, 99% of laymen can guess and may point it out. At least my friends and I have all been caught doing it several times and we can do it very well.

I also prefer duck change over shapeshifter 100%, and thank you TheatreHead, some people needed a reminder other than Creeper =.= lol.

Aug 4, 2009
Shapeshifter, IMO, is way to obvious, no matter how well you can do it, 99% of laymen can guess and may point it out. At least my friends and I have all been caught doing it several times and we can do it very well.

I also prefer duck change over shapeshifter 100%, and thank you TheatreHead, some people needed a reminder other than Creeper =.= lol.

The shapeshifter works ok if you execute it shortly after the dl and replace it to the deck quickly.. there's less time for the corner discrepancy to sink in, I think

Aug 18, 2008

Then you are doing it badly. Dont say something is obvious if you suck at it. Plenty of people use it and never have an issue, i have never been called out on it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results