Is this guy serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I watched this video on youtube, and thought it was the worst thing ive ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQxjl9Z0_bs

im not trying to be mean but supposedly hes a professional?

www.themagicdj.com

im not trying to dog this guy.

But please someone tell what the heck is going on!

He sucks? I don't know what else can be said about this guy.

For future reference, what do you plan to accomplish with this thread? feel yourself a better magician by bashing other guy's work? I can't see much of a point by posting this.

With all due respect.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
no matter how many times i say im not trying to be mean
someone has to say im bashing him.

its just a question about him being a pro? or even serious?

your the only one who bashed him

with all do respect

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
its just a question about him being a pro? or even serious?

he is a pro, he isn't doing this for free, he spamming "abracadabra magic" every two seconds is proof of this.

Maybe you have your meaning of "pro" wrong. Being a "pro" doesn't automatically means that you are any good.

Peace out.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
he is a pro, he isn't doing this for free, he spamming "abracadabra magic" every two seconds is proof of this.

Maybe you have your meaning of "pro" wrong. Being a "pro" doesn't automatically means that you are any good.

Peace out.

true.

im sorry i was just disgusted by the fact he called him self a pro

Aug 14, 2009
Behind a mask
It wasn't terrible but that's in our eyes. The audience seemed pleased however though his technique is horrible and he really didn't perform that well. If the people who hired him liked it then no reason to discuss someone's lack of skill.

What audiences? I work with music and different samples everyday and those "audiences" were just recordings :/

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
i found that performance not bad. dont know why you people are bashing him. besides, hes making some money off magic and by advertising and having a website, it just shows that he gets paid gigs unlike many of the lying hypocrites here.

Sep 2, 2007
London
If that's the worst thing you ever seen, then I would venture you haven't seen many performing magicians, and that you haven't done many paid gigs yourself. Yeah, he had some sloppy sleights, and a bit of an unnatural delivery, but I've seen people who've been in the business forty years and who aren't much better. You have to bear in mind that, to some people, magic is a job, and therefore if they get paid, they've achieved their goal. It doesn't matter if their technique is poor, they're still a professional magician.

If that's the worst thing you ever seen, then I would venture you haven't seen many performing magicians, and that you haven't done many paid gigs yourself. Yeah, he had some sloppy sleights, and a bit of an unnatural delivery, but I've seen people who've been in the business forty years and who aren't much better. You have to bear in mind that, to some people, magic is a job, and therefore if they get paid, they've achieved their goal. It doesn't matter if their technique is poor, they're still a professional magician.

That is very sad to here :(

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
well, he´s good just for the simple fact that people are having a great time and they don´t care about his sloopy sleights!!!

remember...sleights and magic are only like 30% of any magic show and I mean a real-paid-gig, the other 70% is production, that means your attitude, the way you look, the way you talk, a nice table, lights,souvenirs.

maybe you are bashing him because you don´t know how to perform in a paid-gig in real life.

the only thing I don´t like is his outfit like from the renaissance (word check)

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
i found that performance not bad. dont know why you people are bashing him.

Okay, he is making money, props for that.

But come on, he is using THE EXACT SAME patter as Bill, I know how the tricks goes, but at least it would have been refreshing to see some twists or his own take on the effect, not using the exact same patter, even his voice tone sounds like Bill's.

But yeah Foo, I do agree with you, most of us are jealous because we even can get a job.:)

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
Okay, he is making money, props for that.

But come on, he is using THE EXACT SAME patter as Bill, I know how the tricks goes, but at least it would have been refreshing to see some twists or his own take on the effect, not using the exact same patter, even his voice tone sounds like Bill's.

But yeah Foo, I do agree with you, most of us are jealous because we even can get a job.:)

the audience doesnt know who bill malone is.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
the audience doesnt know who bill malone is.

My point here is, we should't just be like "Oh, I got the moves semi-decently, I'll just copy the other guy patter."

It is just plain mediocre, my biggest concern with this guy is that he is like "okay, im getting pay, why the H should I try to be better?"

And I get your point man, we can do whatev when whant as long as we entertein the audicence, that's why it doesn't matters if he did the routine exactly like Bill. But the difference with bill version is that he at least interacted with his audicences.

I dont know if you noticed, but the whole video that this guy Jeff has, it wanst made on a single shot, and by that I mean, that the "close up " and the other point of view were not in synch. I don't know if you catched that. But either way, can you imagine this guy performing for a real audience? Im pretty sure the audience would just be bored and after seeing the same 2 false shuffles, the trick becomes pretty uninteresting.

Oct 1, 2009
Italy
well, he´s good just for the simple fact that people are having a great time and they don´t care about his sloopy sleights!!!

remember...sleights and magic are only like 30% of any magic show and I mean a real-paid-gig, the other 70% is production, that means your attitude, the way you look, the way you talk, a nice table, lights,souvenirs.

maybe you are bashing him because you don´t know how to perform in a paid-gig in real life.

the only thing I don´t like is his outfit like from the renaissance (word check)

I disagree . 70% production ?
Paul Harris is a nomad, he doesn't need preparation, a nice shirt, a good haircut, and a well lit table. The world is his stage, and everyone is a spectator.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I disagree . 70% production ?
Paul Harris is a nomad, he doesn't need preparation, a nice shirt, a good haircut, and a well lit table. The world is his stage, and everyone is a spectator.

well... if you are as good as him then is ok,but I´ve seen countless magicians that called themselves a pro and they don´t even iron their shirts.

It´s ok to perform that way (nomad) but when you have a paid gig you must take care of those things and have some production.

have you go into a paid show without taking care of those things?
I wanna hear you....well read you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results